PDA

View Full Version : row of heart flutters?

daisycake
31-01-11, 20:40
I was carrying a load of bags up the stairs from Tesco (2nd floor flat) and as soon as I put them down I felt about 3 or 4 flutters in one go.. Obviously now worried :lac: - Ive had 4 ecgs and a chest x ray and according to both my GP, CBT therapist and the British heart helpline this should rule out any serious causes? But I ended up quite breathless with my friend while out walking earlier - and when we did the same last week up a very steep, I had a flutter then... You can see where I'm going here! :blush: Just wanting someone to say something sensible to reassure me xx

Anxiety Jim
01-02-11, 04:12
I've had many similar things over the last few years, your heart will often skip a beat and then try to catch up with it's self, and generally does some weird things.

Now, most people wouldn't notice this type of thing, but us HA sufferers will notice instantly and get all panicy about it. I've had too many ECG's to count, blood tests, X-rays and they all came back fine, and I'm still here so they must have been right.

I know it's the hardest thing in the world to believe someone when they say you're OK, when you 'know' there's something wrong with you, and you often think 'they must have missed it'

Something I found that helped was to try to distract myself with something else when I got pain/funny feelings in my chest, and that helped a bit.

Just to add something yesterday I went to see the Dr about something I'd been worrying about for a few days, Dr checked me out and said everything was fine, and for the first time in a few years I believed him, with only about 1% doubt. Which I think is a massive step up from a few years ago when I didn't believe paramedics who said I wasn't about to die.

Jim