PDA

View Full Version : You have to laugh.......

Katiex
31-01-11, 20:52
Just thought I'd post a brighter thread with regards to OCD. I know its a terrible thing to have but sometimes I have to laugh at things we do.

My auntie also has OCD and I hadn't seen her for years until last week. She was telling me that when someone says something she has to try and get them to repeat it so many times without them noticing anything out of the ordinary. Something I have done myself haha.

Anyway this one day her husband went upstairs and shouted down 'I'm just getting some clean underpants won't be a minute!!!' and she said 'what???' so he shouted again 'clean underpants!!!' again she said 'what???' so he shouted UNDERPANTS!!!' 'WHAT DID YOU SAY AGAIN YOU'RE MUMBLING???' she opened the door to the postman delivering a parcel and her husband shouted 'UNDERPANTS!!!!!!!!!'

She also has a thing about sniffing things and when she was younger she sniffed a tiny button up her nose! And I have to say I love those moments when you're in a packed waiting room and get the urge to say something stupid very loudly :ohmy: mine is 'I WANT A POOOOOOO!!!!!' oh I feel like a looney now lol!

Does anyone else have some funny stories? Please......before I go completely mad :D

vicky23
01-02-11, 14:25
lol Kay you're right it is a truly awful illness but some of the compulsions are funny.
For me it was when I walked into a room I'd sometimes have to step back and then forward again I looked like Bruce Forsythe doing his little dancing thing at the start of strictly lol
Another thing that is funny to look back on now happened before anyone knew I had OCD, when I was eating cheerios in my morning I used to have to leave 5 behind. I was school age at the time and my Grandma used to come along to look after us before school if Mam was at work and she used to clear our dishes away and it used to just completely confuse her why know matter how many cheerios I put in the bowl I always got full when there was 5 left lol My brother used to say I was doing it as a practical joke on Grandma, I'm not sure if they twigged on why I was doing it after my OCD was diagnosed

Magic
02-02-11, 14:31
My husband answers the messages that are left on the answer machine,the first time he did this i wet myself.:ohmy::roflmao:
We did our weekly shop.I asked the lady behind pie counter for 2 meat pies. On getting home i warmed the first pie up for hubbys dinner and he ate it while i was messing about. Then I warmed my pie up.I sat down to eat it. I said to hubby "did you notice anything different about you pie"to which he replyed "it was ok" I said "Well it was rhubarb" "Oh well it was very nice" he said. I told the lady about it at the shop the next week,we had a laugh about it and she gave me 2 more proper meat pies for free.:doh: