PDA

View Full Version : Not been here in a while. Looking for some support please?

Natalie x
31-01-11, 21:49
Hi. Hope everyone is doing well :) I'm straight back into the vicious cycle of worry again since last week. In the past, I have been to the Doctors twice regarding stomach issues. Both Doctors said that it could be IBS or a viral infection. My stomach issues have came back with avengance, and am starting to get worried. My main symptoms include upper abdominal pain/discomfort - almost as though there is a knot in my stomach and sometimes feels like hunger pangs and the pain sometimes spreads round to my back. Last week I had the symptoms from Sunday through to Wednesday and then seemed to re-appear on Friday again. Last weekend, I was out drinking and I know this is not good for IBS so this may have set it off. I am getting worried, and am just looking to see if anyone has ever had the above named symptoms before? The discomfort sees to go ease when I lie down and can disappear when I eat. Please reply. Thanks x

majdle
31-01-11, 23:53
Hi Natalie,
I am actually just spinning in circles like a trapped cat with the very same problem. So I know perfectly well how you feel. Are you sure itīs not just stress? I read that there really is a lot of innervation in your abdomen that can pick out each little discomfort of your sould and translate it into..you guessed it, stomach problems. I am totally feeling with you!

Anxious_gal
01-02-11, 03:42
I remember get tummy , side and back pain, it was awful, it did eventually go away.
no idea what is it was.
i get the tense tummy, feeling full, wondering if i'm hungry, i can't tell really.

Have you tried heat?

kah
01-02-11, 08:34
Hi,

I've been having the same problems recently. I too have IBS but these pains are quite different to those I normally get. My pains are up under my ribs (mostly left but right too sometimes), in my sides like stitch and sometimes lower (ovary area). I have also been getting full very quickly when eating for the past 2-3 weeks. My GP assures me it's all IBS, I'm not convinced but don't feel like I can go back to the docs to get a 2nd opinion.

Hope you feel better soon and if worried at all I would say go talk to your GP, that's what they are there for.

K X