PDA

View Full Version : hi

SW
31-01-11, 22:51
hi

my name is sam am 28 mum of 3 iam new to the site...been suffering from anxiety on and off for 6 years since the birth of my secong child...been on citalopram 10mg/20mg dose since then...for the last two years i ve been on 10mg...but december had a nasty shock to find out the my mum has leukemia and kinda threw me off track...started getting the anxiety symptoms again so i went to the doc and he upped my dose of cit to 20mg but didnt feel it was doing alot cause i had been onit before so he prescribed me propranolol 80mg slow release for the first time which ive now been on for 10 days and had a few side effects tiredness,cold hands,feet and nose,loose stools from it also ive been worrying about my blood pressure even though i dont suffer from low or high blood pressure..i feel its helping me cause when i do feel panicky i dint get the adreniline rush or megafast hearbeat which is strange cause i get the other anxiety sypmtoms like shortness of breath....i just wanna be back to how i was before december iam getting married this year in august and wanna be well also for my kids...i just seem to be anxious on this medication after seeing all the side effects...maybe am holding myself back from the drug doing its job ???? anyone else on this drug?????

thanks

sam x

diane07
31-01-11, 22:52
Hi SW

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

SW
31-01-11, 22:54
hi many thanks xx

SW
01-02-11, 10:25
hi everyone...ive made an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow...i dont feel these beta blockers are doing alot for me..feel quite low small tasks in the house like washing up n stuff feel like a big thing to me...still got a 3 year old lil boy to look after at home while my other 2 are in school,sometimes i feel an improvement then goes away.dont think propranolol make you feel like that...can anyone suggest anythin that might help about this drug???anyone else felt like this???many thanks sam x

buster_uk1967
01-02-11, 17:44
Hi Sam.

Just wanted to say welcome to the site. I hope you find the support you need. there are lots of helpful people on here.

paula lynne
01-02-11, 19:02
Hi Sam, welcome aboard. You're not alone, try the search facility and type in citalopram, there is loads of great advice. In fact, there is a citalopram thread too...nice to meet you, hope you feel better soon x:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
01-02-11, 22:08
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

SW
01-02-11, 23:03
aww thankyou all xx

SW
02-02-11, 11:47
Hi everyone how are you all today?

Thyme
02-02-11, 11:56
Hello Sam

I haven't been here very long either, there seem to be some knowledgable people here. Read the information posts, they talk sense in sensible language if you know what I mean

Take care