PDA

View Full Version : Why did I google?! nose tingling... help!

punkprincess19
31-01-11, 23:27
Sorry, I've been a bit of a serial poster lately!

I've been having a lot of trouble with my breathing recently (I'm really scared tonight with it!), but another thing that has been bugging me is a tingly nose! I've had it none stop for the past 3 or 4 days and tonight I've come down with a massive headache too. I decided to google nose tingling... well, what an idiot I am! It came up with MS so now I'm lay here panicking like crazy!

I had it a few months back and it lasted a few weeks if I remember rightly and I didn't really think much of it at the time, but now that it's back again my HA is to the max!

Ive also been seeing flashing lights that aren't there and seeing things out of the corner of my eye!

Does anyone else get this?

Horse
01-02-11, 11:09
Oh dear!

The dreaded 'Google' syndrome strikes again.

Firstly 'punkprincess' are you really having trouble with your breathing or........do you just think that you are???? (Think about it)!

The idea very often gives birth to.......the idea!

You headache, will more than likely be the result of worrying about your current symptom.

Your tingly nose is only causing you distress because you have no other symptoms to worry about at the moment. Don't forget that you have had this before and everything was OK.

Your vision problems are also a typical Anxiety symptom don't forget (something which I also suffer from, especially the flashing in the corners of my eye).

Incidently, I guarantee that if you looked up 'Google' as to why your car doesn't start in the mornings, it would say that it's because you have MS!!!!

Horse.

punkprincess19
01-02-11, 11:27
Hi Horse

Thanks for the reply! The car part made me laugh!

Oh I wish I knew if it was just me thinking that I can't breathe, I just don't know. It's really scaring me and as I'm on my own I'm freaking out about it!

I do feel better now about the tingling nose and flashing lights and my headache has thankfully gone away. Unfortunately, I just can't seem to make myself believe that the breathing problem is just anxiety, I mean, how do I know for sure? The doctor hasn't done any blood tests or any other tests for that matter. She did have a listen to my chest once but that was it. So how can she rule out anything else? It's been getting worse and worse since March last year and is now a problem all day every day!

I just wish I wasnt so scared :(

Jade x

Horse
01-02-11, 11:40
Well don't forget that the breathing issue is classic with Anxiety. I occasionally suffer from the air starvation thing and as I become aware of it then I notice I find that I have to force myself to breath. That is until something else then starts to bother me.

Some of these symptoms can and will last a very long time until we get another symptom to worry about. Don't forget that Anxiety will always hit you where it's going to hurt you most.

SW
01-02-11, 11:47
its horrible this anxiety thing isnt i think to myself sometimes why me..i dont do bad stuff

sam xx

countrygirl
01-02-11, 12:24
Oh the tingly nose - i have had this on and off for over 20 yrs and I don't have MS. I find it either affects the fleshy end of my nose or the bit in between where it meets your top lip and it drives me mad. With me it will last up to a week and I always thought it was another anxiety symptom like the twitching eyelid and muscles