PDA

View Full Version : Strained eyes or something more?

GuyAnxiety
31-01-11, 23:51
i have had health anxiety for the last 5 years or so and i am 20 yrs old.

recently it hasn't been to bad but i have ups and downs, some moths it goes away totally and other months it is fully blown health anxiety.

i am currently worrying about my eyes - i spend a lot of time on the pc, playing console games and reading so maybe this is related.

when my eyes feel really tired, my eye lids get twitchy and i often get a dull pain behind them, i also seem to get a lot of small circle floaters but they are usually only common when my eyes are tired.

also, my eyes sometimes feel dry and irritated and when i close them, sometimes they will sting pretty bad.

now i am worried that this may be caused by diabetus, i have had a worry about diabetus for a long time because i get hungry quite a lot and thristy and sometimes shakey when im hungry but i think all this could be anxiety related.

i am going to try and get an eye test done soon because maybe i just need glasses? do u guys think i should be worried about these symptoms or are they just harmless? can anyone else relate? maybe its just general tiredness? my bodyclock has been all over the place, i usually get 9 hours sleep but recently only get about 6-7.

thanks

Greenman50
31-01-11, 23:57
Had the dull eye pain over xmas but was on the laptop all the time , i turned the light down on it and cut the hours down and it went away , mine was just eyestrain

GuyAnxiety
31-01-11, 23:58
to be honest when i have a lazy day i spend about 14 hours maybe more sat infront of a pc/reading/gaming and all of my jobs have been computer desk jobs so i guess i dont really help my self when it comes to eyestrain. i am just stressing that i may have diabetes.

other replys would be great

thanks

Anxious_gal
01-02-11, 03:40
I get the symptoms and I don't have diabetes, i was recently tested.

I get floaters too when tired.

GuyAnxiety
01-02-11, 15:29
well i havent noticed any sudden changes which i spose is a good sign. i will see about getting an eye test within the next few week but its probably just eye strain and tired eyes i think.

any more input would be appreciated, thanks,

GuyAnxiety
09-02-11, 16:07
it seems that when i'm reading, after i've read a few chapters I got the eye symptoms and they go away when my eyes are rested again. they are strange symptoms but not that noticeable, sometimes it feels like theres fog or something in my vision but I can still see fine and make out words fine etc. nothing is blurry. then i get pain behind the eyes and around them, along with pressure

could this just be eye strain?