PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have health anxiety as well?

uk23
01-02-11, 09:11
If so, do you find that your OCD seems to make it more on your mind?

Piers

katie23
06-03-11, 18:03
Hey yeah I have it too!

Deffo as you become obbsessed with every little twinge to be honest I think they are both the same

kivyt73
06-03-11, 21:14
oh absolutely,
My ocd is focused on health and I obsess over everything and check and recheck my bp in particular (damn those machines at every store). I have a doc appt. tomorrow and I am dreading the bp check...it sucks obsessing over your health
Ivy

bloxy
07-03-11, 16:48
Yes, I have HA as well.

I obsessively check moles and lumps and bumps. My checking, prodding and poking is very much the same as other compulsions I have. I actually find it hard to tell where one ends and the other starts as my HA and OCD are very interlinked.

jaynemarie
19-03-11, 21:30
Yes definately, i was diagnosed this week with ocd and my problem is obsessing over health. Terrible isnt it, are you on any meds x

jessicalittler79
19-03-11, 22:08
i also have health anxitey bad and i always wounder if i could have ocd over my health...i go to doctors evry couple days i go to er all time i have tons of test ct scan of my head...i go for a MRI ... SOON... take care

jaynemarie
21-03-11, 16:22
Aah Jessica i am glad i am not the only one. Gp has just put me on sertroline its supposed to be helpful with ocd. Are you on any meds Jayne x