PDA

View Full Version : sertraline making anxiety worse

DebbieDoo
01-02-11, 12:11
anyone else find this?? - the anxiety was sky high on 50mg now ive halved it and im so moody and irritable not happy at all, my gp said it was a more calmer AD, so far not good :mad:

ditzygirl
01-02-11, 13:40
Most anti depressants will have this effect in the beginning - you have to get worse beofre you can get better. But you have to persevere in order to move forward.

I didn't suffer too badly for very long, but glad I have carried on - the long term results are worth the short term horrid stuff.

xxx

faye980
01-02-11, 14:19
totally agree with ditzygirl, you will feel worse for the first few weeks but then the side effects should start to subside and you will then gradually start to feel them working. I am on week 8 and feel alot better, its just a gradual process. keep going as your on the road to recovery.xx

Lizziesaurus
01-02-11, 19:21
I don't know how long side effects are meant to last but mine didn't die down in almost 2 months of taking 50mg of sertraline. And my albeit mild anxiety, really did annoy me, think I got used to it gone on citalopram! Basically though, it didn't get any better.
Just a view from the other side of the coin. If it's not working for you, go back to your doctor.

ditzygirl
01-02-11, 19:59
Every drug effects everyone differently - its tough but be guided by your Gpx

DebbieDoo
02-02-11, 10:08
Hmm thankyou for those replies :-) i mean how long do you give it before the side effects wear off! it is definitely better than not being on anything at all anxiety is a bummer!! x