PDA

View Full Version : Feel disattached from everything..

misskitty
01-02-11, 12:22
This might sound silly but I recently got a new panic :( I start to get an overwhelming fear that I am having some kind of breakdown and my mind is going to block out people from my memories especially my mum. She is the closest person to me, but when I get the fear its like I get scared that I dont remember her or feel like shes a stranger when she is sat right next to me.. I am so scared and cant seem to shake this one.

It started when i moved away from home (which was ten mins away from her).. I think i felt cut off from her and that started the strange thinking. Does anyone else have this, a sort of surreal and unfamiliar feeling around people you have known for years.. a fear of getting amnesia or something.. god i am so confused right now any help would be great :wacko:

misskitty
02-02-11, 08:45
Nobody there ?? :unsure:

Anxious_gal
02-02-11, 09:27
Quick reply I've got to be going out x
It's derealiation and depersonaliation your feeling or well lack of feeling.

x

I felt like I was having a break down due to the full on anxiety and feeling nothing else.
It's a weird sensation to feel indifferent to peole you love.
But I think sometimes we shut down our feelings as a way of protecting ourselves through stressful times.
It's very comon to feel how your feeling, I have experienced it myself and seen lots of posts on here x

bea baker
02-02-11, 17:40
you are not going mad hunny lots of people feel this way and it is our bodies way of shutting off our emotions so that the mind and body can protect itself.

I have a similar feeling sometimes whereby i will not recognise the sound of my own voice or who i am but only for brief seconds... also sometimes get brief seconds of feelin numb like i am trapped inside a dream but i'm fully awake and conscious, that is frightening but also perfectly normal apparently...

there is a good book by Paul David called ''At Last A Life'' and this has a whole chapter devoted to Depersonalisation and Derealisation...

hope this helps...

Marietta08
22-06-11, 22:55
This might sound silly but I recently got a new panic :( I start to get an overwhelming fear that I am having some kind of breakdown and my mind is going to block out people from my memories especially my mum. She is the closest person to me, but when I get the fear its like I get scared that I dont remember her or feel like shes a stranger when she is sat right next to me.. I am so scared and cant seem to shake this one.

It started when i moved away from home (which was ten mins away from her).. I think i felt cut off from her and that started the strange thinking. Does anyone else have this, a sort of surreal and unfamiliar feeling around people you have known for years.. a fear of getting amnesia or something.. god i am so confused right now any help would be great :wacko:

Hi misskitty, I had exactly that same fear about three years ago. I would think what if I didn't recognise my mum and other family members? What if I didn't really know who they were. It was really scary and strange. It went away though and I felt a lot better, although lately I've been worrying about forgetting things again.

Since you posted this in February, I hope you're starting to feel better now. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. :)