PDA

View Full Version : Finally a diagnosis, knew i wasnt going mad lol

crazyhayz
02-02-11, 12:34
Hiya! To add to my update yesterday, i have just got back from the Neuro. It seems i have Chronic silent migraines! All the sensory symptoms i get, along with head pains and flashes in vision, its all migraines. the reason why its called silent migraines is because its a type of migraine you dont have to have headache with! i get headaches but not always with my symptoms! Knew it wasnt just anxiety, even though i said to him that the anxiety was definitely making it worse, and he said that stress and anxiety can actually trigger silent migraines! so there u go :) Im pleased ive got some sort of diagnosis now, not that i would of been bothered if i hadnt of as im past caring now lol, i know its all stress/anxiety/migraines now so nothing to worry about :) The neuro was lovely, did a full neurological examination, said i 'was perfect' :) so nuthin wrong there! He sent me for a routine blood test just to check white blood cell enzymes or something, but said hes 99.9% sure its not going to show anything but he has to do it coz its his job to be thorough blessim.

If anyone that is worried about neuro diseases reads my past threads, ul see how BAD ive been with my symptoms, and its honestly nothing but stress/anxiety and migraines!

The neuro said more people need to be aware of silent migraines, coz they can cause all sorts of funny things (like my right arm randomly going 'dead', or prickling in parts of the body for example). I used to think ARGH ive got MS or MND lol.

Google silent migraines! The neuro said 50-70% of people he sees with unexplainable 'neurologial' symptoms, is down to Silent Migraines which apparently is rising due to the amount of stress and pressure people tend to suffer with these days.

Good luck everyone, and il pop in now n again to say hi xx

PS. make sure to read my last update, its quite long though so as the title says 'beware' lol.

Love crazyhayz xxxxxx

Pcdaft
02-02-11, 12:44
hey thats brill news you can now get on with your life again? take care xx

JaneC
02-02-11, 12:46
Fantastic Hayz, glad you finally know what's going on xxx

Tinker28
02-02-11, 15:40
Hi, just read your post, and I have it too! I get silent migraines all the time, I get numbness sometimes to and thought I may have MS aswell, but came to google for migraines and read up on silent ones and it all made sense afterwards. I started getting the "real" mingrains when I was a kid, but as I got older I only just got the eye part and numbness sometimes. Who Knew!!

crazyhayz
04-02-11, 17:48
thanks everyone xx