PDA

View Full Version : At last!!!

Trev
30-03-06, 15:54
Just a quickie to let you know that I took and passed my Advanced Motorcycling Test yesterday, so I'm very happy about that :D:D

The reason for posting up is to hopefully give others a boost as there is a deeper significance behind this fact.

I've not posted my story, but my problems were not helped when I was hit, head on, on my bike at the end of 03. It wasn't my fault and I was physically basically ok despite being somersaulted backwards. Basically, I was very, very lucky to get up from it. Some kind souls then stole the wreckage of my treasured motorbike while I was away ringing for recovery assistance. All in all, it's fair to say it wasn't my best day!!!

After hassle with the insurance I eventually got another bike and carried on the training for this advanced test as I'd started it already and paid for it. Other things happened in my life and then I had my first panic attack "out of the blue" (as I thought) just before my test came up and I had to cancel it. I had no idea what was happening to me and the following year has been well documented on here.

So yesterday, taking the test seemed like a real marker.

When I was stuck in the worst of the anxiety nightmare that we all know and have experienced I wondered if I would ever be able to even hold a normal conversation again or ever leave my house again. I thought I was doomed to madness or death and that was it.

Don't ever give up hope. You can make it out of the nightmare and back to your "old world" even when it seems like it won't happen for you. It will happen if you keep working at it despite the ups and downs and the setbacks.

All the best,
Trev :D

emmy
30-03-06, 16:05
this is fantastic news.....

well done on getting through it all and congratulations on passing you must feel so proud... keep up the good work..

it is good to hear what you have done xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alexandra
30-03-06, 16:25
Excellent News Trev

Congratulations

All the best

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

RobyBaggio18
30-03-06, 17:01
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">

When I was stuck in the worst of the anxiety nightmare that we all know and have experienced I wondered if I would ever be able to even hold a normal conversation again or ever leave my house again. I thought I was doomed to madness or death and that was it.

Don't ever give up hope. You can make it out of the nightmare and back to your "old world" even when it seems like it won't happen for you. It will happen if you keep working at it despite the ups and downs and the setbacks.

All the best,

<div align="right">Originally posted by Trev - 30 March 2006 : 16:54:36</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

A massive well done mate. :D

You do get to a stage and look back and think 'how the hell did i get here, all that worrying was a waste of time' When i went to college in Sept '03 I looked back and thought 6 months ago I couldnt even go out the house without getting into a state!! It's just getting to that place thats the hard part.

I always thought that the accident triggered your anxiety, I'll have to read back on your story!!

bobsy
30-03-06, 17:40
well done trev you deserve it. you have come a long way and prove that anxiety can be overcome. you are always full of good advice and help and thanks for your support and help you have given me. take care

bobsy:D[8D]

Piglet
30-03-06, 18:22
Biggest hug to my pal Trev - well done on that massive achievement mate and have a lovely time skiing too.

:D:D:D:D:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Barb
30-03-06, 18:42
Well done Trev a huge acheivment, you should be very proud of yourself.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Take care

Barb x

Karen
30-03-06, 18:46
Congratulations Trev

Well done for all your hard work and determination to succeed.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Trev
30-03-06, 22:07
Thank you all for your very kind replies. It is a great relief as it's about a year and a half since I completed the training so I thought I might have forgotten it all or been too rusty to stand a chance of passing. But then I thought, "so what if I fail? Just do it, it's not a big deal in the scheme of things. If I fail, I'll just do it again until I pass the bloody thing!" [^]

It's great to see from other threads that so many of you are doing well and achieving so much. Good for you. :D

Mark, glad to hear that you've got things turned right around. That's great news. Well done. P.S. Charlton for the FA Cup!!! :D

Bobsy, you are more than welcome. I know I tend to rabbit on a bit at times but it makes it all worth while to know that some of it helped. :D

Piglet, well, what can I say!!! [}:)] Thanks, I'm really looking forward to the skiing. Keep checking the weather and webcams religiously :D

I always remember the first day I found this site and I saw your tag line.........
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
I had one of those "PING" moments in the brain when memories of how I used to view things came flooding back. You helped me more than you will ever know that day, so thanks for that............................and the help and ritual abuse since of course!!!! :D

Take it easy,

Cheers,

alexis
30-03-06, 23:42
Well done Trev, you should be very proud!!

Piglet
31-03-06, 09:30
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
so thanks for that............................and the help and ritual abuse since of course!!!! :D

Take it easy,

Cheers,

<div align="right">Originally posted by Trev - 30 March 2006 : 23:07:20</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

:D:D:D:D its a tough job but someones gotta do it [}:)]:D!!!!

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

trac67
31-03-06, 09:42
Hi Trev,

Well done mate that is brilliant news, you have come so far, it really does give hope to everyone else.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'