PDA

View Full Version : Can't get through a day something wrong with me

phil06
02-02-11, 16:24
I can't cope feeling like this weak, spaced, unreal I'm obsessed something is wrong with me so I need a doctor going on Friday I think. Counselling is not helping.

This derealization is at an unbearable stage and I feel so weak I can't move it just comes on sudden. I've hit a mental block where I won't believe it's just anxiety again..so I need the reassure from the doctor i might just say what's wrong with me as this is not anxiety. :wacko:

My head says now "I duno how I'm still alive" as I've had so much anxiety I fear it's illnesses. Right now I feel weak and I duno why..my breathing goes shallow too and I feel sleepy..so far its lasted 2 hours.

nomorepanic
02-02-11, 16:46
What happens when he says "it is anxiety" though?

paula lynne
02-02-11, 16:50
"I cant get throught the day, theres something wrong with me.."...and yet, youre still here Phil. This again is another of anxieties nasty tricks. I feel for you. Depersonalisation etc is the worst. Take it day by day. You are already doing better than you think. You are getting through every day. You are doing it.

You are searching for ANY diagnosis that isnt anxiety. Ive been there. Something concrete so you can say "HEY>>IVE GOT THIS.....TOLD YOU!!!" Unfortunately, anxiety is a craft beast. The more you deny, the stronger it gets. Stop giving it power. Go to the gp, if you need too, and deal with the diagnosis once and for all. After all, we cant deal with the monster unless we know what it looks like......

Look forward to tomorrow as a new day full of possibilities. Ignore the feelings. This is the first step to recovery, ......it will bug you, but keep busy and get on with your day. Fresh air is a boost. All the best if you feel you need to see your gp. Make a promise to yourself, WHATEVER THEY SAY......START TO DEAL WITH IT AND FACE IT. Its taken me 10 years of denail, but Im finally doing it. Im a weak willed emotional person, if I can do it, you sure as hell can. You will change your life. I promise.

phil06
02-02-11, 16:57
"I cant get throught the day, theres something wrong with me.."...and yet, youre still here Phil. This again is another of anxieties nasty tricks. I feel for you. Depersonalisation etc is the worst. Take it day by day. You are already doing better than you think. You are getting through every day. You are doing it.

You are searching for ANY diagnosis that isnt anxiety. Ive been there. Something concrete so you can say "HEY>>IVE GOT THIS.....TOLD YOU!!!" Unfortunately, anxiety is a craft beast. The more you deny, the stronger it gets. Stop giving it power. Go to the gp, if you need too, and deal with the diagnosis once and for all. After all, we cant deal with the monster unless we know what it looks like......

Look forward to tomorrow as a new day full of possibilities. Ignore the feelings. This is the first step to recovery, ......it will bug you, but keep busy and get on with your day. Fresh air is a boost. All the best if you feel you need to see your gp. Make a promise to yourself, WHATEVER THEY SAY......START TO DEAL WITH IT AND FACE IT. Its taken me 10 years of denail, but Im finally doing it. Im a weak willed emotional person, if I can do it, you sure as hell can. You will change your life. I promise.

They know I have anxiety. I guess that's true I am looking for a diagnosis my symptoms could be Any illness but also anxiety but there's always that what if..because it could be anything.

Problem is the feelings are so strong I can't cope..and I'm unable to do anything once anxiety comes that's my problem dealing with it I can exercise and read when I'm less anxious but days like today I worry non stop.

A common feeling I get is relief at times once I read a book and realise a symptom I have is anxiety.

chatterbox
02-02-11, 17:36
hi These folks are so right i have felt same as you and have same symptoms,and have had all my life and im still here 30 years on. And i know deep down that acceptance is the KEY. good luck hope you feel better soon Holly

European
02-02-11, 18:10
Yes, I agree: Acceptance is the key. The more you attempt to shirk your personal responsibility and hope you could conveniently hand it over to something that's wrong with your body, the more you will suffer from your anxiety like a fish on the line that's driving the hook in deeper and deeper. It's your attitude that is causing your suffering.

Nobody can do something about this apart from yourself, and the sooner you come to accept this, the sooner you'll begin to find ways of dealing with your anxiety. There is no way out, other than facing it and feeling it and going through it. Acceptance is the first step required in terms of getting better.

Anxious_gal
02-02-11, 18:26
I think if you can accept that it is derealization and depersonaliatiion that would be good, but how do you accept such a thing?

European
02-02-11, 19:12
How to accept your anxiety? Well, let me try an example. Let's make this about death or dying - according to the psychologist Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, who differentiated the inevitability of dying, or the coming to terms with the death of a loved one, into 5 different stages. This might appear far fetched on first sight, but I think there are many similarities in view of coming to terms with one's anxiety or panic. Here are the 5 different stages according to Kübler-Ross (copied from Wikipedia):

Denial (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial)—"I feel fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me."
Denial is usually only a temporary defence for the individual. This feeling is generally replaced with heightened awareness of positions and individuals that will be left behind after death.
Anger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anger)—"Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; "Who is to blame?"
Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy. Any individual that symbolizes life or energy is subject to projected resentment and jealousy.
Bargaining (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bargaining)—"Just let me live to see my children graduate."; "I'll do anything for a few more years."; "I will give my life savings if..."
The third stage involves the hope that the individual can somehow postpone or delay death. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Psychologically, the individual is saying, "I understand I will die, but if I could just have more time..."
Depression (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depression_%28mood%29)—"I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die... What's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the dying person begins to understand the certainty of death. Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time crying and grieving. This process allows the dying person to disconnect oneself from things of love and affection. It is not recommended to attempt to cheer up an individual who is in this stage. It is an important time for grieving that must be processed.
Acceptance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acceptance)—"It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."
In this last stage, the individual begins to come to terms with his mortality or that of his loved one.

....or with his/her anxiety. It's only on the platform of acceptance that the anxiety can be actively dealt with and reliable improvements can be made.

anx mum
02-02-11, 21:29
They know I have anxiety. I guess that's true I am looking for a diagnosis my symptoms could be Any illness but also anxiety but there's always that what if..because it could be anything.

Problem is the feelings are so strong I can't cope..and I'm unable to do anything once anxiety comes that's my problem dealing with it I can exercise and read when I'm less anxious but days like today I worry non stop.

A common feeling I get is relief at times once I read a book and realise a symptom I have is anxiety.

Hi phil ur not alone hun im the same at the mo everyday is a struggle getting physical pains and like u fearing the worst. Anxiety is controlling us the feelings r overpowering

phil06
02-02-11, 21:33
I think if you can accept that it is derealization and depersonaliatiion that would be good, but how do you accept such a thing?

I am suffering it as a main symptom and that can make me panic..so really this is what I need to try and work on. I forget it but it comes back.

anx mum
02-02-11, 21:38
I am suffering it as a main symptom and that can make me panic..so really this is what I need to try and work on. I forget it but it comes back.

R there times when your well and than wham anxiety hits u again? This is what happens with me

phil06
02-02-11, 21:50
R there times when your well and than wham anxiety hits u again? This is what happens with me

Some weeks I'm fine and past few weeks any bit of tiny stress or news sets me off.

Must be the way I'm dealing with it.

sarah_85
02-02-11, 23:09
i can sympathise, i feel like this too. probably on a daily basis. i am always convinced there is something sinister wrong, and i too love that feeling of relief when i read in a book or speak to someone on here who can confirm that symptoms are that of anxiety.
the best advice i received is to not fuel the anxiety by giving it all you attention. if u notice a symptom, just think about something else. read or put the tv on or do ANYTHING but focus on the symptom. it works for me. good luck! xxx

jaynemarie
03-02-11, 19:57
I am so grateful to know i am not the only one. I keep getting these tight feelings in chest and pain when i breath in. Doctors says Anxiety, i just cant accept it. Anxious mum i have 3 kids all different ages, it ruins your time with them doesnt it ? Just cant enjoy them like i should. If anyone lives in the Bristol area would be lovely to hear from you. thanks Jayne xxx