PDA

View Full Version : Barbaramay

Barbaramay
02-02-11, 21:21
Hi, I am new here, and have just in desperation found this wonderful, helpful and meaningful forum. I am desperate to come off citolopram, and have tried many, many times to come off the horrible pills, but unfortunately cannot bear the awful, awful side effects. I have tried cold turkey (disaster), have tried cutting down, cutting out, but these pills always seem to get the better of me.

I was first put on these things three years ago (20mg) when I was in a private rehab clinic detoxing from an addiction dependency of temazepam. I was there for 3 weeks and can quite honestly say, that was a breeze compared to getting off these horrible pills. Staying clean and sober from temazepam addiction after 13 years of using is a walk in the park. I have never felt so trapped as I do now, and the fact I was put on these while detoxing always leaves me with this big question mark - was I depressed in the first place? I truly do not think I was, but was given to me as a "just in case" situation. It was too late before I realized what was being given to me, and the truth of all this is, I really wonder who the true me is now.

Somebody out there, please try to give me some answers:weep:.

diane07
02-02-11, 21:22
Hi Barbaramay

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.