PDA

View Full Version : Gastritis - can it be this bad??

miggymoggy
03-02-11, 10:42
Hi everyone
So am in agony with burning pains in stomach, wind pains up my back, feel sick, can't eat. Was already on 20 mg Omeprazole. Went to emergency doctor yesterday and he said to doubleup Omeprazole and gave me anti sickness and thinks it's bad gastritis.
I feel soooo ill though - is this normal? Pains all over my upper body, sickness, heaving and retching, burning, unable to eat???
I asked the doctor if he thought I had stomach cancer and he said no. He also listened to my stomach and said my bowel was very active and bubbling.

punkprincess19
03-02-11, 10:45
sounds like a tummy bug hun x

uk23
03-02-11, 11:31
If you already have gastritis (think thats what the omep. is for?) then that sounds like a nasty flare up, I find that milk of magnesia, no food and domperidone can be quite helpful when mine is flaring.

Greenman50
03-02-11, 14:43
Hi everyone
So am in agony with burning pains in stomach, wind pains up my back, feel sick, can't eat. Was already on 20 mg Omeprazole. Went to emergency doctor yesterday and he said to doubleup Omeprazole and gave me anti sickness and thinks it's bad gastritis.
I feel soooo ill though - is this normal? Pains all over my upper body, sickness, heaving and retching, burning, unable to eat???
I asked the doctor if he thought I had stomach cancer and he said no. He also listened to my stomach and said my bowel was very active and bubbling.

Had all that over xmas , like a lump of hot coal in the centre of my stomach , loads of burping , chest pain, stomach rumbling all this was 24/7 none stop . My ibs also flared up at the same time .
I,m still on lanso 30 mg (same stuff as omeprazole ) but it takes a few weeks to get into your systym its not instant .
Gastritis can be very very painfull if you have it bad .

Mine only started getting better when i took ranitidine aswell as the ppi (lanso) , the ranitidine works on the acid instantly where as the omeprazole is a slow release one .

It took months for mine to settle , and its by no means perfect even now but its getting there .
If you want any more info feel free to pm me . I,ve been told gastritis can take months to go which is certainly my case .
Also the timeing of the omeprazole when taken , and when you eat after it and what other ant acids you take (if any) can effect the usefullness of the meds .

Feel free to pm if needed.

uk23
03-02-11, 19:59
I tried the PPI's and found no help with them, but H2's are good like ranitidine. I've had gastritis for 9 years now, negative for heli bacteria and other causes, no cure apart from to take acid reducers which work for some people. If you would like to pm you are more than welcome to.

As other people have said, domperidone and zantac should help.

happycamper
03-02-11, 20:57
Have you been tested for Helibactor Pylori? Worth asking as it's easy to treat and very common.

I had it treated 2 years ago with good results, however think my stomach is a weakness as it's flared up recently again, I'm on omeprazole, wondering if it flares up when I forget to take them...

honeyp1e
23-06-11, 14:01
Hi everyone

Everything you have described above is how i have been the past week also all acid sickly taste coming up into my throat / lightheaded just feels as if all my belly is raw :( am having no appetite then the next min i just wanna eat & eat