PDA

View Full Version : help not good day

jo h
03-02-11, 11:37
Hi all

I have been relatively coping with my pains and trying to convince myself im not dying but last couple of days I have been dizzy in the mornings and today I have a dull ache but yet sharp type pain under my right breast and a stomach pain keeps coming and going ....feel generally bad .....does anyone else get this type of thing ??? Can it really be anxiety still causing these weird pains ??

Any help would be much appreciated :weep:

Jo xxx

blueangel
03-02-11, 12:29
The big problem with anxiety is that it makes our bodies feel as though they are under threat. This is a very primitive reaction, as it is the thing that helped us survive when we had to deal with creatures like wolves and sabre-toothed tigers on a daily basis.

What happens physically is that we get flooded with the "fight or flight" hormones (adrenaline and noradrenaline). These are responsible for causing all sorts of symptoms, like increased heart rate, sweating, shaking, needing the loo and a host of others. Also, an excess of these hormones hangs around in our muscle tissues and makes us physically tense, which can cause pain in most parts of the body. However, these pains tend to move around and often don't stay that long in one place. As the symptoms of anxiety change so much, they feed our anxiety as we feel that we are getting worse because we have so many aches and pains.

Hope this helps x

Magic
03-02-11, 12:37
Hello Jh, Blueangel spot on. I am having the same thing. Have you talked to your gp though? and are you on any meds?

jo h
03-02-11, 12:55
Thank you both for your replies ....it helps me greatly reading them ....I am on Citalopram ...had an ecg/chest x ray last february in a&e as I thought I had heart problems....my doc says my pains are caused by depression/anxiety but I really struggle with this sometimes although I know I should dismiss them as just symptoms ....I just wonder when I will ever feel back to my old healthy self again ....do you feel like this too ??

Jo x

blueangel
04-02-11, 09:25
Yes, definitely. I've been having loads of problems with IBS and it's been going on for about 3 months now. As I've been feeling physically grotty, it's just fed my anxiety and it gets really difficult to convince yourself that you haven't got something dreadful.