PDA

View Full Version : New to antidepressants

Pushon
03-02-11, 13:49
Hi, been diagnosed with depression/anxiety due to a stressfull year and undiagnosed chest/abdomen pain, dr put me on Citalopram, I was on that for 14 weeks and didn't do any good made me feel worse so my shrink put me on escitalopram and I am currently on my 10th day but feel really spaced out and extreme tiredness, can anyone tell me if this is normal and will it fade????

mtatum4496
03-02-11, 15:10
Pushon, antidepressants of all types trigger different reactions in different people. In my own journey I went through a couple of SSRIs (with one of them causing major distress) before we found that bupropion was the best fit for me.

A friend of mine is on Paxil and one of the side effects for him is significant fatigue, he will fall asleep at the drop of a hat if he settles into a comfy chair for any length of time.

With ten days involved, the medication may still be getting into your system and once that phase is completed you may find the spacey feeling and the fatigue begin to even out. Did the doctor indicate how long that might take? Mine usually gave it two weeks to a month for side effects to peak then fade and for me to begin seeing some good from the medication.

cityinadream
04-02-11, 05:34
It's normal. I was on escitalopram once and it made me feel tired and spaced out also.