PDA

View Full Version : Help ASAP Please

JulieJay92
03-02-11, 18:31
I have put this in symptoms as well but need help really bad

On Sunday night i was sick which usually am not

On monday i had an aching jaw and heaviness in my chest and has been consistent since then

I have been lying on a hot water bottle against my chest to help but unsure if it is. So i have just laid in that position on the floor with the laptop and my shoulders also have been in pain as has my upper left bicep and have been getting pins andneedles in left hand and lower arm. Basically both arms are heavy (thoughhubby has this today too and was sick on tuesday)

Pulse is around 80-85ish

I have convinced myself it is a heart condition as it has been present since monday with no relief :( i have made cups of tea and done the washing but cannot face going away from the home at the moment

I do not want to call dr's because of language barrier as i am in spain for 6 months and hey also cost more than i can afford :ohmy:

could it really be a heart attack or other heart problem that has lasted since early hours of monday

JulieJay92
03-02-11, 19:29
aNybody please

daisycake
03-02-11, 19:47
I feel for you being out there - is there anyone you can call at all, even just for a chat? It might be beneficial just to see a doctor to put your mind at rest but I'm sure you're OK xxx

JulieJay92
03-02-11, 19:48
i am really really scared now that no-one has replied as it must mean the worst :(

JulieJay92
03-02-11, 19:49
thanks daisy - nobody i can call as they just brush it off - but ive never experienced it constant before - it feels like an apple being pushed into the top of my chest

macc noodle
03-02-11, 19:52
If you are saying hubby has had similar symptoms it is most probably a virus.

I am sure that if you had been having a heart attack since Monday you would be in considerable pain by now.

I do think that you need to seek some advice on this and have a check up - is there not a general hospital nearby you can use that you would get reciprocal care from because of EU membership - surely you have an E111 card with you ? (think that is the right number).

I am sure that you are suffering from a virus and are getting overly anxious but if you could get some advice then you would be able to put your mind at rest.

xx

JulieJay92
03-02-11, 19:56
the e111 doenst make any difference here - have tried as the canaries has its own government?????????

ijust dont know what to do as im meant to be off 2 work at 9pm but dont know if i can :(

my fear of leaving the house has escalated now too

macc noodle
03-02-11, 20:02
Hun, the E111 entitles you to free emergency medical care in the Canaries I am sure - I have googled it too just now to double check and it looks as if it is the case.

Why are you afraid to leave the house - is it because you feel unwell or have you had this problem before?

Do you suffer from panic attacks?

Jan
x

JulieJay92
03-02-11, 20:10
i have had anxiety attacks since 1998 :(

Had a period of 5 years without any (well only very minor ones) but in the last few weeks we had a bad flu type bug which lasted 2 weeks and i was actually relieved when i found out other people here in the canaries had it as i thought it was my anxiety

When i lived here before my E111 had to be accompanied by insurance before they treated me and luckily i did have travel insurance then but this time i am passed the 8 weeks as i was only meant to be here for that time

I did suffer agoraphobia before and didnt leave home for 11 weeks at all

I have got dressed for work now but unsure yet

I imagine a heart attack would prevent me from doing daily things as i actually dont feel breathless any more than what my mild asthma does so is it really possible it is anxiety or my heart

Had 3 ECG's in august and all was clear

macc noodle
03-02-11, 20:16
Ooh poor you - HA since 1998 and agoraphobia and panic attacks. :weep:

You have the answer now don't you to how you feel at the moment - you are having a recurrence of your problems I am sure.

You are right - you can't have a heart attack that last from Monday to Thursday without something major happening with your body! I think that you are just suffering panic and anxiety and you might have a virus too (same symptoms as hubby).

If I were you, I would try really really hard to go work - do you like your work? - if you can go then you will feel you have achieved something and you will have to concentrate on that rather than your HA and panic symptoms for the evening.

I am rather envious of you living and working in Canaries - wet and windy in the UK tonight!!!!

:)

JulieJay92
04-02-11, 10:54
thank you all

i did go to work and im so glad i did as i met pete townsend from the who and roy chubby brown <3

REBECCAP
04-02-11, 11:20
Hello!
It really sounds like a virus to me. Your right if u were having a heart attack I think it would of developed into something more by now. It sounds like your anxiety peaking because u feel unwell. This happens to me also when I'm ill. Recently had a chest infection and felt I couldn't breathe and this made my anxiety horrendous. X

JulieJay92
04-02-11, 16:21
thanks everyone

still about anxious today but no worse than monday so will just have to stay strong and ride the virus out

suzy-sue
04-02-11, 16:42
What Island are you on ? There are clinics that accept the E111 in Lanzarote and Tenerife .but most of them dont .I think the one in Lanzarote is in the old town and the clinic in Tenerife is in the road near the bus station .Someone will tell you if you ask im sure .Dont know about Gran-canaria and Fuertaventura .Im sure by the sound of it its just anxiety caused by being unwell .Drink plenty and take some painnkillers ..I had the same for a few weeks .Unless you get a chest infection or dangerously high temp ,its pointless seeing a Dr .. Hope you feel better soon .Lucky you ,,living there .. luv Sue x

JulieJay92
07-02-11, 21:42
thanks

i did go in tenerife to the hospital beside us at the bus station and they said e111 no good :(

dont feel as bad but chest still tight and BP now raised