PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline 50mg

wendy
30-03-06, 18:13
Hi All

Following my midnight dash to A&E Last night I have been given Sertaline and Propranolol, I have health anxiety and am very concerend about side effects, Would appreciate any experiences you could share on these please, also how long until they kick in?

Thanks

Wendy

Anniejay
30-03-06, 22:32
Hi Wendy,

Strangely enough I posted last night about trying to come off Sertraline! (Lustral) However - in it's defence - at the time I was prescribed it I had bad anxiety and depression and I really needed it. For many years I have felt that it has given me a better quality of life. I don't remember having too many side effects from it, although 50mgs is considered to be a pretty low dose, and that is what I am on and have been from the start. I am more scared of coming off them because I have been on them for so long, and prior to Sertraline was on Seroxat, which I stupidly came off by going 'cold turkey' and had horrendous side effects. I have been on 25mgs for almost a week now, and so far have had no ill effects, so maybe it will be OK. All I can say is give it a try - maybe you'll only need it for a short time, and if so I think it will get you through this rough period. I can't really comment on the propanalol because I've not been on it, maybe someone else can advise you!

Take care, and if you need the Sertraline take it, I do believe it helps.

Love

Annie

crazychick
31-03-06, 23:54
i am on both sertraline and propranolol for the second time and honestly they really help. i probably should have never convinced my dr that i needed to ocme off them as they really work and i got into an awful state without them and now i am on them both again - and have been since the end of January i am really noticing a different and being able to live my life a lot more normal than i was!
lauren x

andrew england 2
02-04-06, 15:19
I used sertraline once a couple of yrs ago and it worked wonders and came off it when i felt better tried it a 2nd time at xmas and it did nothing for me.

if it works keep with it

Morgan
06-05-06, 13:22
Hi..
I kinda need some advice...Im 18 and just been prescribed sertraline 50mg im rather worried as i was on the Citalopram 20mg and was so for about 3 months..but things just got worse for me...my sucidal thoughts dramatically increased i stopped sleepy and had hot flushes and things have just got to bad and i really need some advice as i dont want to have to go through it all again...any advice would be really helpful..
Thank you
Morgan x