PDA

View Full Version : EMDR ... anyone had any experience of this??

eternally optimistic
04-02-11, 10:24
Hi

I have been to the docs today for a follow up to the meds I am taking.

I saw a lovelly doctor who said that EMDR might be a therapy worth thinking about for the future.

Has anyone had this therapy and got any thoughts on it?

Kate21
12-04-11, 23:11
I had Emdr when was quite young it was amazing for me then, It helped me realise there were underlying things that were causing my phobias (social phobias).
It is very strange though it made me feel uncontrollably weepy one minute then I would be laughing the next.
I really would reccomend it.
Unfortunatly now 6 years on I am not well again so i will be going back for more.
good luck with it whatever you decide to do x

annette1
13-04-11, 00:19
HI Jackie
I have been using EMDR & other therapies with my psychologist in my recovery from ptsd. For me it has been very beneficial. it has given me the opportunity to explore my past & helped me to work through my recent trauma in a controlled environment. It doesnt work for all, as with all therapies you do need to go into it with an open mind & with complete trust in your therapist.
EMDR shouldnt be rushed into, it requires many preparation sessions to give you some grounding techniques you will need during & after the sessions.
I hope you find it successful, emdr has given me a better life than ever before.
TC x