PDA

View Full Version : thought it was about time to introduce myself

stace81
30-03-06, 18:15
My name is Stacey im 24 an a mum of 2.
I have suffered with panic attacks since i was 12 but nothing too severe. Then after having my daughter at 15 the depression kicked in, then after having my son at 18 everything went down hill. My life as i knew it stopped! The depression got worse the anxiety started and the panic attacks went off the scale.
Ive tried many anti-depressants none of which seemed to work i felt alone an suicidal but my children saved my life they kept me here!:)
So for the past nearly 6 years i have just dealt with it, ive ran around screaming ive tried to get out of moving cars an ive felt fear that i would not wish on anyone!
So thats a short version of me! Im now on cipralex and it seems to be helping im also being assessed for bi polar so we will see what happens.
This site has helped me greatly an i have good friends on here,when i feel nobody understands me i come an chat an am made to feel better by all the wonderful people on here.
Bit dragged out i know but after 8 months of being on here thought it was about time i said a little about myself.
Stacey xxxxx;)

sford

Karen
30-03-06, 18:44
Hi Stacey

Welcome to the forum. I hope the assessment you are having helps with providing you with some therapy treatment in addition to the antidepressants.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Southern_Belle
30-03-06, 18:45
Stace,

So glad to hear your story. I know how much you love your children and what a great mother you are! I am so amazed by your strength at coping with this and by being a single mom. Hope they figure out about the bi polar thing. I know you always make my day sunnier by talking to you.

Bel

clickaway
30-03-06, 20:38
Welcome Aboard, Stacey

Hope we can help you here.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

jackie
30-03-06, 20:53
hey stacey

glad you said hello

here if you need me

jackie

Alexandra
30-03-06, 20:59
Hi Stacey

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

sal
31-03-06, 00:00
Hi Stace

Pleased you have joined us and we are all here to support you hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

trac67
31-03-06, 09:15
Hi Stace,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Ma Larkin
31-03-06, 09:53
Hi Stacey, welcome to NMP. Your kids are the same age as my 2 youngest, I also have a daughter at 17. I know how hard it is hun when you feel tied down at such a young age as yourself, depression hits you, but like you say your kids keep you going & always keep that in your mind. My ex-boyfriend had bi-polar disorder so I know a little about it. It stemmed from his sister dying at 34, on her deathbed he promised her she wasn't going to die, & he has never got over that. Still blames himself to this day. I suffer from anxiety & PA's myself & I just couldn't handle the bi-polar symptoms, so unfortunately we split. However, he has managed to turn his life around, still goes a bit off the rails on the anniversary of his sisters death, but manages to pull it back a couple of weeks later. Do you have help with your kids? Can you spend a little bit of time just on you, chilling out, hanging out with your mates, doing whatever you want to do. I hope the assessment goes OK hun. Nice to speak to you.

Les, xx

chucklehound
31-03-06, 10:35
Hi Stace and welcome to NMP!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Ammeg
06-04-06, 15:56
hey hun
cant believe i didnt see ur post!!! Im soooo glad the cipralex is workin!! and im sooo glad i met u!!! your me bestest butty on here and i missed you this last week!!! yopur fab and im sooo proud of the progress you have made so far- one day soon you will be knockin on me door cured, i know it!!! Wuvs u hun!!!
Your gemxxxxxxx