PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I'm Laura :0)

LovelyLau
04-02-11, 16:57
Hello everyone! I'm Laura, 22 from Lincolnshire.

I'm a fairly new sufferer of panic attacks - really since Oct 2010. Things did get worse and so I am now on Fluoxetine (day 18) and I am seeing a counsellor in just over a weeks time.

At the moment I'm just feeling sick as I think my body is still adjusting I'm guessing. I get v.anxious just before heading to work and being in restaurants, public places etc. Hopefully things will improve!

diane07
04-02-11, 16:58
Hi LovelyLau

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

phil6
04-02-11, 22:27
Hi Laura,
Restaurants was my big thing.... I used to get so nervous about eating out that I felt sick... In the end I would spend weeks in an anxious state before I had to go out. Xmas was a particularly bad time.
I always went ... and always managed in the end (usually with the help of a brandy).... nobody knew...I was petrified I would let myself down.... but the worst never actually happens.

I love to eat out now... So just keep practicing, you will get better. I still get my bad periods of anxiety, and I still find it difficult to get through these , but the older I get the more experience I have of getting through these things... Time and practice gets you there, and there will be good times again.

maks
05-02-11, 00:38
Hi Laura,

Last year I suffered for several months with panic attacks, moderate depression and anxiety. My panic attacks were triggered initially by actions such as preparing for work as you have mentioned. I had support from my gp with an SSRI medication and a course of cbt from the local mental health team. It took a couple of months, but I did make really good progress and managed to come off the medication and using the skills learned from the cbt I returned to work and 'normal life' without the panic attacks.

I just wanted to share that the support you are being given worked for me when I had similar issues.

Good luck for your session with the counsellor

Sammylou
05-02-11, 09:23
Hi Lovelylau

Where abouts in Lincolnshire are you from, I was born and bred in Lincolnshire currently living in Leeds but all my family are still there! I originally come from Brigg north lincolnshire.

Vanilla Sky
05-02-11, 21:35
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x