PDA

View Full Version : Feeling wonderful :)

stu398
04-02-11, 17:24
Hello all!

I haven't really been hugely vocal on this forum, but basically long story short, started getting really bad health anxiety and panic attacks at the end of last summer.
I was too stubborn to go on SSRIs or anything, so just powered through until I started getting CBT.
It was wonderful! It has truly changed me. I feel as I felt back in the Summer, before everything began - I feel like myself :)
I am actually ill though, just been diagnosed with Glandular Fever, but got a smile on my face, and no longer worried about dying or going crazy or anything like that. Life is good!
I know that I will always need to be careful, but there is hope out there!

All the best,

Stu

b4eve
04-02-11, 19:30
That's great to hear because I'm starting with CBT but I'm not overly convinced and your success story makes me incline towards pursuing it a bit harder. Really pleased for you - well done :D

sammi
04-02-11, 19:34
Aw pleased for you, I'm having cbt at the minute and its really helping, well done:)

steve71
06-02-11, 08:50
Excellent news! Well done. I too am undergoing cbt and am feeling loads better just waiting for the effects of the severe anxiety attacks wear off. Been free completely for just 3 days but it's a start and seeing stories like yours is really encouraging. :)

Patsta
12-02-11, 21:55
Fantastic...I think I will have to start CBT. I went to psychologist a few years ago, who, when I mentioned CBT, told me it was a load of crock! Needless to say, I didn't go back and see her much after that!
Definatley will look into it!

teez
12-02-11, 21:59
bets its like wining the lottery isnt it :D,,well done and long may you stay well x

Rhys1879SAFC
13-02-11, 11:16
What is CBT?

JaneC
13-02-11, 11:51
Cognitive behavioural therapy - link below explains it

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/therapy/

Veronica H
13-02-11, 12:06
:bighug1:This is great news. Best wishes.

Veronicax

JaneC
13-02-11, 12:25
Sorry Stu, should have added that it's great CBT worked so well for you and that you're feeling better x