PDA

View Full Version : Hi from nervous noobie! - and thanks

maks
04-02-11, 17:53
Hi everyone,

New to this site today!

Actually new to forums all together (I've always been scared off by the potential privacy aspects....) and so please forgive any noobie mistakes :)

I've read many threads from the site over the past year or so (hence the thanks in the thread title) - today decided I wanted to participate and share my experiences and hopefully learn from others.

I'm currently experiencing anxiety that is having a large negative affect on my day to day life - mostly unable to leave the house without someone, scared of a knock at the door and the phone ringing. This has come about due to a number of factors and is the second time in a year I've experienced similar issues (guess you could say I hadn't really dealt with the 1st time yet)...

Anyway, that's probably enough random words for now, just hi to everyone and i hope somewhere down the line I can be as helpful to others as all the posts I've read anonymously until now have been to me.

Best wishes to everyone

diane07
04-02-11, 17:56
Hi maks

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Hazel B
04-02-11, 20:19
Hi maks!

:welcome:

Love the "Disturbed" Avatar! I've seen them loads!

You'll get help, advice and friendship here, you're in the right place.

SHYGIRLAJB
04-02-11, 22:41
Hi Maks,

Welcome to NMP. I know where you come from regarding the knocking at the door and the phone ringing. I used to be absolutely terrible. I still get a bit erm nervous mind. And going out on my own, I working on that one. Trying to go out on my own , like for town at least twice a week or something. It is hard but, put my ipod on and try and focus on the job in hand.

I hope you find this site useful.

Anita.