PDA

View Full Version : downward spiral or just a blip?

weepinky
30-03-06, 18:54
Hey everyone,

Can you please help me out - the last few weeks I've been feeling the anxiety levels rising but managed to fight through them - until last night when I woke from a deep sleep with a panic attack, managed to breath through it but still had a pretty restless night.:(

Spoke to doc today and shes says it could be due an infection I have (on antibiotics as of today) and I have to see her next week to see how I am feeling, whether to go back on the anti-depressants again. (was doing well without them for about 9 months)

Do any of you guys find that when you are 'under the weather' the anxiety is harder to control??

Any advise greatly appreciated

Love Pinky

Karen
30-03-06, 19:15
Hi Pinky

Yes feeling off colour can certainly affect anxiety levels and this sounds like a blip.

Give yourself some time to recover from the infection and see how you feel. Go gently on yourself for a while.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

india
30-03-06, 20:10
Hi ya, yes, i ALWAYS feel panicky when i'm ill, i think we misread the physical 'ill' symptoms as our anxiety. Try to tell yourself you can't help being ill, and you are NOT about to go down a slippery slope downwards. try and take it easy and remember it is definatly just a blip. This has happened to me many times, and i am going to follow my own advice next time i'm ill!

Take care India xx

sal
31-03-06, 00:21
Yeah i do just like you and remember this is just a blip and you will come through this. A reminder of how well you have coped and will again trust me.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

weepinky
01-04-06, 17:23
Just wanted to thank you all Sal, India and Karen, your replies are very much appreciated - had a few really sh**y days + 1 night of tossing and turning - gonna get to the light at the end of the tunnel though!!!!!

Thanks again your all lovely

Love Pinky:D

jackie
01-04-06, 18:26
yes this is the case for all of us it seems when our immune system is low it is hard for us to cope. anxiety is made worse by these periods when we are unwell

incidentally have you ever read claire weeke sbook on how to conquer nervous problems. the book is called self help for your nerves and shows you a better way than " fighting " all the time to keep anxiety and panic at bay

jackie

weepinky
01-04-06, 18:33
Thanks Jackie,

No I havent read this book but I will certainly give it a go, cheers hun

xxx