PDA

View Full Version : Gonna try and stay positive today

anx mum
05-02-11, 09:29
Had that horrible breathing symptom yesterday from as soon as i woke up til i went to bed spent most of the day in tears felt like i had no air and was suffocatting. This is truly controlling my life dont go out like i used to im constately worrying about it. Gonna try today and stay busy, do some breathing exercises when my kids let me and try not to panic when it comes on. Just hoping it will go and i can start living my life again

JaneC
05-02-11, 10:17
It's great to hear you sounding positive Bev :yesyes: To stick with your plan even if you have a setback and I really hope you have a better day :hugs:

sammi
05-02-11, 10:31
That's great news bev,

I'm glad reading over some of your old posts helped a little too.

You will have your life back you just need to learn to control the anxiety and not let it control you(hard I know) but you will get there one step at a time.

Stay positive hun:)

anx mum
05-02-11, 11:33
That's great news bev,

I'm glad reading over some of your old posts helped a little too.

You will have your life back you just need to learn to control the anxiety and not let it control you(hard I know) but you will get there one step at a time.

Stay positive hun:)

Can feel the breathing symptom coming on god its awful trying not to panic doing my breathing

sammi
05-02-11, 11:44
You will be fine do your breathing and stay calm:) (I know its not easy) but you will get there. X

anx mum
05-02-11, 12:52
Had that horrible breathing symptom yesterday from as soon as i woke up til i went to bed spent most of the day in tears felt like i had no air and was suffocatting. This is truly controlling my life dont go out like i used to im constately worrying about it. Gonna try today and stay busy, do some breathing exercises when my kids let me and try not to panic when it comes on. Just hoping it will go and i can start living my life again

Really not coping again:weep:have tried breathing exercises, watching telly scared to be on my own dont know how to cope with this

KK77
05-02-11, 13:15
Try ringing a friend/relation Bev. Don't give up with the breathing exercises either. Keep in mind that it'll pass - won't be like this the rest of your life.

anx mum
05-02-11, 13:24
Try ringing a friend/relation Bev. Don't give up with the breathing exercises either. Keep in mind that it'll pass - won't be like this the rest of your life.

feel so disappointed in myself got this symptom again and its scaring me :weep:

KK77
05-02-11, 13:31
Don't be so hard on yourself. You're not alone here - we all have blips, ups n downs, set backs.

Today may be crap but tomorrow you may feel much better. Get through today and don't worry about letting anyone down. This is an illness. I have depression and some days don't want to wake up let alone get out of bed. But you learn to take the rough with the smooth. Be kind to yourself. This will pass Bev.

sammi
05-02-11, 18:16
Don't be so hard on yourself. You're not alone here - we all have blips, ups n downs, set backs.

Today may be crap but tomorrow you may feel much better. Get through today and don't worry about letting anyone down. This is an illness. I have depression and some days don't want to wake up let alone get out of bed. But you learn to take the rough with the smooth. Be kind to yourself. This will pass Bev.

I agree with everything said here. Sorry hun I've been out all day or I would have been here to talk to you:) hope your feeling a little better. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you, why not try go out for a walk tomorrow with the boys and little baby if the weathers ok. Try keep busy if you can this will pass. Don't be disapointed just look forward to tomorrow and hope its better:) xx

leeroy
06-02-11, 03:01
hey Bev don't beat yourself up over this, you can't help what is happening to you but you can over ride it, as mentioned set yourself a little something to do tomorrow, that suggestion of going out for a walk sounds just the tonic. After all that's what sundays are for :)

I had breathing / swallowing issues today, after a while it subsided dunno if it was the beers I had with my friend whilst watching the match or the distraction of being out but either way getting out of the house somewhat helped. Even if you dont enjoy being out you'll at least feel you accomplished something having been out and fighting this

good luck

ladyj
06-02-11, 12:51
Just try not to be scared it adds to the symptoms hun try breathing exercise and stay positive after all the key is it happened before and you got past it so tell your self something you have done before you can do again if it happens a lot you are familiar with it so you know you can do this hope it helps jenny good luck