PDA

View Full Version : school and inconspicious??? need help!!!

a-little-room-to-breathe
30-03-06, 20:38
Help!!!!! Does anyone know how not to draw attention to yourself while having a pa? cos i get loads in school and thats draws in the nurse and my guidance teacher and im sick of it!!! so does anybody know how to have a really quiet, discreet pa? it sounds ridiculous but i need help cos no one at school gets that i cant help it!!! Please, anybody??!!! im so freaking out ehre!!!!:(
please reply quickly if u can!!!!!!! i need help!!

april tones
30-03-06, 20:41
no, maybe take meds? rescue remedy? x

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

sal
31-03-06, 00:19
Think about it with how you are feeling, sounds daft but deal with how you feel and how you best know to cope. I go quiet and people do question me but i just say i am chilling and taking a bit of time out.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

trac67
31-03-06, 09:47
Hi,

When I used to feel an attack coming on I used to begin the breathing exercises and focus on something else, I always found if I could chat away to someone it helped too.

I always managed to hide mine really well.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Ma Larkin
31-03-06, 10:04
It must be awful for you, I know how embarrassing it is to have a PA in front of people. I agree with the breathing & rescue remedy, you can get it from any herbal shop, chemist & most supermarkets stock it now near the vitamins. Sit straight back in your chair & breathe out longer than you breathe in. Don't forget that PA's can't hurt you, so try & focus on something else, I know its hard cos they are so scary, but you really have to try & think of something positive & not on the PA itself. Have you been to your doctor & explained that they are happening a lot at school & how embarrassing it is for you. Tell him that you need help, probably medication because its causing problems for you in the classroom.

I hope it gets better for you darlin.

Take care.

Les, xx

Piglet
31-03-06, 11:22
Always carry a bottle of water with you for sipping while you are having a panic attack.

Choose an essential oil to sniff to break the chain of thoughts, lavendar is the most popular one but I find any essential oil that appeals to you helps too.

Drop your jaw, drop your shoulders and drop your tummy muscles.

Also remember that if you dont fight the wave of panic it will pass within a few seconds, what keeps it going its the scary thoughts we add to it.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

a-little-room-to-breathe
31-03-06, 16:51
Thanks for the tips you guys!! im going to see a doctor soon so maybe they can help me. thanks for all the advice!! if anyone needs help im here, ok?

katie
xxx

crazychick
31-03-06, 23:47
Hi Katie,
i can really sympathise with you having attacks at school, i used to take them while i was at university in front of people and i currently take them at my work. I work on a checkout in a supermarket which is not the best job for someone who has frequent attacks but luckily i have a very understanding employer. well i do now, its taking a while and a few doctors letters to get to the stage i'm at now but it does help to speak to people so maybe your teachers can help.
i used to find it awful as i would have attacks on my checkout and would feel trapped and i fet bad enough my collegues who i have known ages all had attention on my but also lots of customers that i obviously do not know at all. now as soon as an attack starts the nearest collegue takes over and i discretely go somewhere quiet and normally have a first aid rep from my work accampanying me as wel but that is because i frequwntly pass out during my attacks. you should maybe try having a meeting with your teacher to see how they can help you - that wil be why they are there!
i would often just let my class at uni think i was running out to the toilet to not make a show of myself especially during exams etc and that really helped as sometimes people other than my close friends had no idea.

nigela
27-02-07, 10:44
Help-i was told that you cant pass out in an attack-hearing thsi jas made me feel worse
nina x

PaperHankie
27-02-07, 12:43
A little room to breathe....

As a teacher, I don't notice students getting agitated, but would be sympathetic if somebody did have a PA in class.

Next time you get one, think about me having them in front of the class. One of my students has the capacity to trigger a PA. If I give in, I lose my job (I'm contract).

Concentrate on something, see how many moles on your arm you can circle with a pen before the panic eases.

Dan D
27-02-07, 16:27
Take rescue remedy. When i first started to get mine i took a bottle of water with 15-20 drops of rescue remedy which seemed to ease it. Often at school, the mere panic of having a panic attack can make you have a panic attack: so knowing you have something there that can ease or stop it is support by its self.

QueenVictoria
28-02-07, 13:30
Oh man, i get the SAME thing. i get pa's in school too, but my school is working with me about it. They just let me go down to my guidence councelor whenever i want. try that. it helps... its like, they can't refuse and THEY know whats going on so they're super sensitive about it.

kimmy
28-02-07, 21:47
deep, slow and calm breathes. Talk to yourself in your mind. Reasure yourself your ok, its a p.a. and it will pass.

Slow and calm!!!!