PDA

View Full Version : horrible new symptom

dc100
05-02-11, 18:19
ive posted a few times the last couple of days as i have been suffering bad anxiety attacks - ive been under alot of stress the last few weeks and have found it hard to cope and control horrible thoughts and emotions

i get into a cycle of thinking which i cant seem to stop then i get myself into a keyed up(fear/excited) state which then causes me to have a panic attack but i just cant seem to stop thinking this way its like im doing it on purpose just dont feel normal anymore

im pretty much scared of everthing at the moment - im trying to calm down i have been doing some research to see if this excited state is linked to anxiety or am i suffering from something more serious like bipolar or schizophrenia which are current fears of mine which have been going through my mind for weeks

iamspartacus
05-02-11, 20:37
Its anxiety.

Youre stuck in the fight or flight 'loop' and its your mind desperately trying to find a solution. Trouble is, the more it goes round and round, the worse it gets.
Anxious people do not go mad because they are much too aware that their mental state isnt 'normal'. mad people dont know that anything is different.

juiceyloop
05-02-11, 21:09
Its anxiety.

Youre stuck in the fight or flight 'loop' and its your mind desperately trying to find a solution. Trouble is, the more it goes round and round, the worse it gets.
Anxious people do not go mad because they are much too aware that their mental state isnt 'normal'. mad people dont know that anything is different.

Completely true hun, i was terrified for ages after first getting anxiety that i'd end up being put in a padded cell! Its gets easyer with time hun, hang in there xx

dc100
05-02-11, 23:04
im sure your right that it is just anxiety but its been horrible feeling really up and down and horrible thoughts which i can normally dismiss just seen to stick around first i worry im going mad then that im ill and i end up doing avoidence behaviour and feel i cant be around anyone

donnaharvey
05-02-11, 23:23
Hey try not to worry, l sometimes get feelings like this, the more you think the worse it gets. At the moment l am experiencing tingling in my face and fingers, starting to think the worst while trying to calm myself down and it does not help that l have snapped my Achilles Tendon and am in a plaster cast for at least six weeks

dc100
06-02-11, 00:04
i know that it my mind which i causing me to think like this and stress myself out but i just find it so hard to beat it and cant seen to relax - i dont really have anything going wrong in my life at the moment so just cant understand whats going on