PDA

View Full Version : New- Anxiety help

louanna
06-02-11, 00:23
Hi, I have just joined and will introduce myself :) I am 24 and suffer from depression and anxiety. (The anxiety hasn't been diagnosed yet)

I have had depression for around 6 years now. Over the last 3 years I have been suffering from really bad anxiety. It is not quite as bad as it was when it first started but it still stops me doing anything and I never go out of the house alone. When it first started I thought everyone was talking about me all of the time and thought everyone hated me and thought I was weird. It's not as bad as that now, I still think occasionally people are talking/looking at me but not as much as before. I hate looking people in the eyes as well so having a conversation is difficult I think I over think eye contact and make everything so complicate.

Sorry, I'm kind of rambling now. I have been meaning to register with a doctors since I quit my job last year but have been too scared as every time I thought about it it made me panic. I finally went the other day and registered but was informed I needed to go for a general check up appointment first which I really could do without. I was hoping to go register and make a doctors appointment but now it means two separate appointments. I am dreading sitting right in front of a doctor who will except me to look at them any tips on how to get through this appointment would be fantastic.

It is so strange having anxiety because although I know my thoughts are irrational I still believe them and they still affect my life, it's so confusing.

KK77
06-02-11, 00:43
Hi Louanna and welcome to the forum.

Glad you've plucked up the courage to see your GP. Have a read of my post about visiting the GP. Hope it helps.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66063

louanna
06-02-11, 15:07
Thank you. Your post is really helpful.

paula lynne
06-02-11, 16:50
Hi, a big warm welcome to the forum, you;ll find lots of help and support here, you're not alone. Nice to meet you xx:welcome:

Lares
09-02-11, 12:46
Hello and welcome

I am new here but I have found the forum very helpful
Lares