PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, new worrier right here

chembers
06-02-11, 12:30
Hi everyone,

Just stopped by after googling a few panic issues.

I'm Chris, 34m, UK.

Always been a bit of a worrier, always thinking, always over analysing everything.

Today I'm about to start a course of sertraline. Was nearly put on this two years ago but decided I'd try a bit harder to rationalise my problems.

Over the last year it's been getting harder and harder. Particularly at home where I live in a upstairs flat. The downstairs neighbours are complete selfish sods and bang doors all the time and I now have kids hanging around the front. I live with my fiancee Erin but it's really getting us both down. The other day, I was just about to go to the gym when I heard kids outside (17 to 18 year olds), immediately, my heart felt like it was trying to break through my rib cage! I had to wait for them to go and then I calmed down.

The tipping point for me to go on to medication was when I realised, the way I react to problems is now being passed on to Erin.

I don't drink much except at weekends where I tend to binge a bit.
I'm a bit worried how sertraline will react to alcohol. I can drink a full bottle of wine (like last night) without feeling overly drunk but I worry that from today, any alcohol could make me bad.

I have my Stag Do coming up in Augsut too!

Anyway, that's a bit about me.

Cheers,

Chris.

diane07
06-02-11, 12:31
Hi chembers

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

smb25
06-02-11, 13:29
:welcome:

Hi Chris,

Well done on your first steps to recovery!

I can't advise on the alcohol thing as I don't drink but I do know that alcohol can be a depressant. I am sure your leaflet with the Sert states not to but i don't for one minute think everyone thats on it never has a drink! Probably in moderation is the key.

Have a look under the medication / sertraline forum area.

x

paula lynne
06-02-11, 16:51
Hi Chris, a belated welcome to the forum from me. You;ll find loads of support and help here, and make some good mates along the way, nice to know you x:welcome:

chembers
06-02-11, 18:51
Thanks guys.

I'm going to take my first one tonight. I'm a little worried about what it may turn me into and getting off them, having alcohol and a few other things but I'm just so on edge all the time and get nervous about stupid things that I think I have to try them.

We'll see how it goes soon enough I guess.

Another problem I also have is with IBS, which they do say can be related to stress so we'll see how that goes too. I've had this for most of my life though and it hasn't really gotten any worse. I control it with prescribed loperamide.

Thanks for the replies.

Chris.