PDA

View Full Version : slow heart rate when falling asleep so scared

molly36
06-02-11, 13:05
Hi there last night i ended up in accident and emergency .I was either sleeping or falling asleep im not sure but i suddenly realised my heart was beating way to slow like beat beat and so on ,i felt strange so i sat up and realised i felt faint and breathless so i went in to a full blown panic attack which made my heart rate go to 145 b/m .i then had a sort of pain up my neck and jaw not intense more of a sensastion and i was so breathless and sweating.my partner took me to the hospital and they recorded my heart at 145 and bp was through the roof.They did ecg and listened to my heart and said it was severe panic attack but couldnt tell me what the slowing of my heart and faint feeling was that triggered the panic.Now im terrified it will happen again and im scared to sleep.You see i feel if i had just lay there while my heart was that slow it would have just stopped and it was the panic that kicked the rate back up.And i felt ill when it was slow and thats scaring me.I so tired and to scared to sleep.The doc at the hospital just said im too young to have heart attack but im in my late thirties now ,i dont think thats young when it comes to the heart.Please help .kind regards molly

Clairalou
06-02-11, 13:32
your heart rate is supposed to sloiw down when resting an will often reduce further when drifting to sleep! this heart rate will often be significantly lower than any rate during the day! this is completely normal an your heart is just doing what its programed to do! i guess when you realised you heart rate was low you panicked an thats what caused all the other symptoms! My heart rate is normally between 70 and 95 during the day an more when moving etc at night it has dropped below 60! I now no longer count my pulse as it really doesn't help!
I hope this helps hun xxxx

cornishmaid
06-02-11, 13:44
i had issues about low pulse rate too last year,mine sits around 60 to 65 at times when im just pottering about the house,ive even caught it at 58 bpm.i dont check it now cos if its say 85 ill begin to panic as thats high for me or if its 60 ill start panicking as its too low, there was no pleasing me ,hope you feel better soon :)

molly36
06-02-11, 18:57
thank you for your replies ,my heart rate went way slower than 60 it actually took my breath away. kind regards molly

steven67
06-02-11, 19:31
my h/r is at about 45-48 and about 60 in the eveing when i was training ,thai boxing for 28 yrs, and other sports,got my h/r down to 28-30 bpm the fitter you are the lower your h/r,,and when you are fitter when you train and workout your h/r comes down faster and your recover faster take care steve

LucyLiz
05-07-11, 20:05
i've started having pani issues about low pulse too. I used to get worried about it being so fast but lately it's gone really slow. It's stupid because i know the lower your pulse means the fitter you are (in most cases) but i've just turned it into something else to worry about! my heart rate used to be around 170 in a bad panic attack and 90/100 normally at rest so i'm finding it hard to get used to it being around 60/70 at rest. I'm always taking my pulse for reassurance but I know it gets you absolutely no where.