PDA

View Full Version : Feeling run down

phil06
06-02-11, 15:14
Does anybody feel run down every day?

I have chest pains, aches, headaches, tired eyes, off balance, short of breath, knackered feelings every day...never really feel relaxed often.

Anybody else get this?

Kells81
06-02-11, 15:23
Phil

That is a very common sympton of anxiety, I think you will find most people on here feel like that everyday.

phil06
06-02-11, 15:28
What's the best way to deal with this symptom?

Kells81
06-02-11, 15:29
Fighting through it and trying not to let it effect your life.

nutteetart
06-02-11, 15:37
i dont know the answers but i think you have to keep fighting, keep pushing those pathetic boundaries we make up and get angry with the bully within. If your friend was being bullied, you would fight for them, now you have to fight for yourself. Those feelings travel with me too each day. I wish we all lived close so we could help each other.
Stay strong, you are far from alone.
X

kah
06-02-11, 17:24
Does anybody feel run down every day?

I have chest pains, aches, headaches, tired eyes, off balance, short of breath, knackered feelings every day...never really feel relaxed often.

Anybody else get this?

Hey Phil,

I get all of those everyday, especially the tiredness which then makes me more anxious because I think there's an underlying problem causing it!! I've tried ignoring all the aches & pains but the tiredness is still there 24/7. I've been tested for anaemia but that came back fine so my GP said it's 'just one of those things'!!!

I think we have no choice but to try to carry on as close to normal as possible, but take comfort in the fact that there are a good few of us that feel the same.

K xxx

phil06
06-02-11, 18:01
I feel short of breath and obsessed over breathing all day just constant..that's not helping..:wacko:

Kells81
06-02-11, 18:04
feeling like you are struggling to breathe is another symptom of anxiety.

Again the only way to get rid of it is to ignore it and try and get on with your day.

Try to keep telling yourself that it is just a symptom of anxiety and it will not hurt you.

phil06
06-02-11, 18:17
feeling like you are struggling to breathe is another symptom of anxiety.

Again the only way to get rid of it is to ignore it and try and get on with your day.

Try to keep telling yourself that it is just a symptom of anxiety and it will not hurt you.

I went a brisk walk earlier thinking it would cure it? Nope felt as unrefreshed after it as before. My head was thinking about the breathing issue though.

Kells81
06-02-11, 18:20
Hi Phil

When you have answered your own problem there-you went for a walk which was a great idea but then you spent the time thinking about your breathing.

Try doing something that takes your mind off your breathing conmpletely. I know it is really hard but just keep trying until you find something that works.

kah
06-02-11, 18:25
I went a brisk walk earlier thinking it would cure it? Nope felt as unrefreshed after it as before. My head was thinking about the breathing issue though.

I quite often take my 2 girls out to the park thinking it'll wake me up a bit and stop me feeling so tired but I come back shattered!! I'm the same though, I spend every minute 'thinking' rather than enjoying myself and relaxing :(

pinkprincess
06-02-11, 19:54
Hi Phil,

I have been noticing your posts lately and they are quite similar in nature with you feeling run down etc and weak. I can relate to this, i have been like it every day since before christmas, I was panicking incase i had chronic fatigue etc but when i forced myself to do something i felt ok doing it, and gradually i felt better, i am on 20mg citalopram and 10mg 3 times a day propranolol (beta blockers) and sionce then i feel so much better,

Might I suggest you look at your medication and up them and see how you feel this is the only thing along with CBT that will make you feel better.

take care

Patsta
09-02-11, 01:51
Hi Phil,
The symptons you describe are very much anxiety! I have suffered with it for the last 9 years on and off. At first, I thought I could overcome it on my own, but that wasn't the case. I fell into a downward spiral very quickly and found that day to day activities were difficult to perform. (How ridiculous really, when previous to my anxiety, I was able to do everything with no problems.) I was put on Zoloft, and along with a series of vitamin injections (due to rapid wight loss) I came good! I stayed on Zoloft for approx 2 years, then came off it. Was good for 2 years, then BANG, it hit me again! Back on the Zoloft! Since then, I have been off and on, and I've just started on it again 3 days ago. I find that when I get really run down, my anxiety levels increase and thats when it hits me. I think its my bodys way of saying, 'Hey, you've got to slow down and take it easy!'. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, and I have found the most effective treatment for me is medication. Its is not addictive or habit forming, it just helps you get back on track and start to think clearly again, because at the end of the day, it is our thoughts that do this to us! The more you try to turn those thoughts off, the worse we make it! Try and keep yourself busy, when you walk, listen to music and sing along so as you're not concentrating on your breathing so much! Its hard, but you will get through it! In the meantime, if you decide to go down the path of medication, be aware, that it does not work instantly, it can take anywhere between 2 to 4 weeks before you start feeling better. Luckily for me, I have an excellent doctor, who has given me Xanax,(not many doctors like to prescribe it!) which is an anti-anxiety medication, but you use it sparingly because they say it can become addictive. I only take it until my Zoloft starts to work. Xanax, is a little like Valium, it instantly relaxes you and takes away the anxiety, so you don't feel like you are going to have a panic attack. It can alo make you very drowsy, so again, like I said, you take a very small dose, only when you need it!
Good Luck with it all...you will get through it!

jessicalittler79
09-02-11, 02:37
omg i thought i was the only one with the tiredness allday i feel run down bad like i have a bad illness,but i just push threw ,ive been dizzy bad too...and i am als:(