PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Emet/SA sufferer

Lilly83
06-02-11, 15:35
Hi everyone

Just joined, first time I have ever joined a forum, will no doubt kick myself for not doing it sooner, I'm 27 female from Manchester UK.

I have suffered with Emetophobia since as long as anyone can remember, i don't have the kind with all the hygiene/food issues as although i'm terrified of being sick its more i'm scared of others doing it.

First sought treatment 10 years ago, had hypnotherapy, talking therapy, antidepressants, beta blockers, paid privately to see someone for cbt (£95 for 50 mins!) did that for a few months til i run out of savings.

Also alongside this i have a social anxiety, not a shy person at all, really confident but got serious problems with blushing, i could happily talk about sex to a stranger but bump into someone i know at the supermarket and it sets me off! This sometimes affects me more than the emet as my work suffers due to it too.

As the years went on i started drinking too much to deal with the anxiety of blushing, i spent years drinking way way too much, nearly lost my job and relationship over it, i haven't drunk for 6 months now and have no urge too, i'm just really hoping i can get these probs sorted as they have ruined so much of my life already.

Currently on Propranolol 80mg a day, been on Citalopram 3 times in the past, usually for 6months to a year but haven't been on it for a year now.

Oh and i have had tests for adhd in the past, been through all the different mental health services, just kept getting passed between people with no one quite knowing where the best place was for me.

Hope everyones having a good weekend

Lauren

diane07
06-02-11, 15:36
Hi Lilly83

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

paula lynne
06-02-11, 16:46
Hi Lilly, welcome aboard! You will find loads of support and help here, nice to meet you x:welcome: