PDA

View Full Version : panicky feelings, feeling space

jothenurse
06-02-11, 17:40
I have read many threads on here regarding feelings of unreality or being spacey. I have had these throughout the months I have been dealing with anxiety. Had it 30 years ago when I went through a panic disorder, and they eventually went away. Now that I have had the anxiety back this past year, those icky feelings come and go, too. I try to tell myself that this is just the anxiety, and not focus in on it and get panicky, because they do go away, but I just find it very hard to do sometimes. Then I try to analyse why it is worse at times and not bad at others. My ex-boyfriend's brother called me last night wondering if I knew if his brother was ok. Scared me, because I thought it was bad news. My ex-boyfriend and I are still friends, talk on the phone once in awhile, but I rarely see him any more. He has a lot of heart and lung problems. So, I spoke with him last night and this morning I went over there and listened to his lungs, checked his heart, and blood pressure. His lungs sound awful. I am trying not to take responsibility for his health, because he is stubborn and won't listen to anyone or let anyone help him. I'm not sure if that's what got my anxiety so high with these feelings of unreality or not. My counselor does not like me to be with him, because he is a very negative person and he doesn't think he is healthy for me. I guess I am just trying to get some reassurance and some tips to feel with these spacey feelings. I do have some ativan that I can take as needed. Don't like to do that because I have tapered off of them more than a week ago, and only want to use them if I have having a major panic attack or a very fast pulse that I can't relax about.