PDA

View Full Version : Returning to Work

Sparklebright
06-02-11, 21:21
2 weeks ago an argument with my partner was the straw broke the camel's back, 2 panic attacks followed, one whilst in court dealing with a case for work and the other in the office. I decided it was time to take control of the issue and to see the doc. She prescribed me citalopram in place of the beta blockers and suggested I had a couple of days off work to relax. I'm also having CBT

I came down with a minging cold last week as well as some weird effects from the meds, I spoke to the doc and she signed me off until later this week.

I know my colleague shouldn't have text me and mentioned work but I now know that one of my really important cases isn't being looked after as my manager is clueless and as a result I think i'm goin to go back to a race against time to get evidence into court :-( My Manager talks the talk but I'm really worried that when I get back I'm going to go back to a whole heap of rubbish.

I really feel like i've made really good progress over the last 2 weeks and am starting to feel a little more normal and I am scared that going back to work is going to tip me back the other way... I just don't know what to do or how to cope if this happens. Do I get signed off again until I know I can cope with this properly and risk looking weak and going back to an even bigger disaster or man up and go back?

Any advice would be great

PoppyC
06-02-11, 21:45
Hi
This is just my opinion...but I think that you should concentrate on you and how you are feeling, rather than stressing about work right now. Work will cope without you, just as it would have to, if you had, had an accident, or physical illness, or even if you left your job. Your health, mental and physical is more important than any career.
Personally I don't think your work friend should have texted you about work whilst you are off work.
Maybe you should take time out, wait for the medication to work fully for you, before going back.
I have been taking Citalopram for about 2 years now, and it does take some time to fully kick in. It began to kick in for me from about 8 weeks onwards.
I hope you soon begin to feel better.
Sending hugs :hugs:

Sparklebright
06-02-11, 21:57
Hi PoppyC

thanks so much for your opinion :) I know your right I do need to focus on myself but i guess I just worry too much and don't want to disappoint people. I also worry how other people will perceive this as in our work place stress appears to be something that goes along with the role (and to some exent thats acceptable) but not to this degree.

I totally agree she shouldn't have told me what was going on at work as its played on my mind ever since, no matter how much I try to get it out of my head.

Maybe your right about waiting for it to kick in properly, I dont want to undo all my hard work

thank you xxx