PDA

View Full Version : Depression worse after taking klonopin

bajope
07-02-11, 01:50
I already struggle with depression because of my anxiety but have never taken anything for it. Today I took 1/2 a klonopin (this was my 1st dose) to help with my anxiety symptoms and feel more depressed then prior to taking it. Does anyone know if klonopin can increase depression?

Thumbelina
07-02-11, 02:01
Klonopil as far i rmember was given to me 4 years ago for panic and anxiety mainly, it probAbly has antidepress effe as well but i believe mainly its ised and antianxielitic. Anx can be the cause of depression ( reactive) therefore if you ilominate anxiety depression Will fade away as well..
I think its better to trust your dictor abiut the choice of meds and to ask him if any questions...

siddigfan
15-01-12, 17:49
I already struggle with depression because of my anxiety but have never taken anything for it. Today I took 1/2 a klonopin (this was my 1st dose) to help with my anxiety symptoms and feel more depressed then prior to taking it. Does anyone know if klonopin can increase depression?
Absolutely my friend! And it can CAUSE Anxiety attacks that will make you wish you'd never been on it. It is Highly addictive (I was only taking 2 mg and it has taken me four months to stop taking it and it is still in my system and still causing horrible anxiety! After each half mg. reduction, I spent the next two days screaming into a pillow so the neighbors wouldn't hear me, and throwing my body onto the floor in fits of agonizing anxiety. I NEVER had any of this until I started Klonopin in 2008 and the doctors just thought I had developed anxiety to go along with my depression. Now they're sure it was the Klonopin and it put me into the hospital 6 times including with catatonia!!! Dump the Klonopin into the toilet before it's too late, I''m begging you!!! I don't want anyone to suffer as I have and still am suffering! God Bless You! Siddigfan