PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Porl
07-02-11, 09:19
Hi,

I actually introduced myself around 7 years ago! (i have just realised by trying to register and realising i have done it before)
i thought i should re-introduce myself:
i'm 34 years old male, married with 1 daughter, 18 months old. i work in a professional environment but recently anxiety has overcame me at work. i ended up taking a week off with it, my boss has been really understanding, but now i'm back at work on a monday morning and i feel dreadful. my big problem seems to be arranging my worries in order instead of trying to think about them all at once and suffering panic about them. it doesn't help that work is incredibly busy and i am in a new position of responsibility that i am finding difficult to cope with. sometimes i just feel like running out of the room crying (not very masculine but there you go). i'm just about doing all i can to stay here and deal with it, that's before i do any work!
sorry for rambling, just needed to get going on this forum, i think it may help

diane07
07-02-11, 09:20
Hi Porl

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

phil6
07-02-11, 11:13
Hi,
I think most of us recognise that feeling...
It really does take a lot of practice accepting the way you feel at the moment especially at work. I was going through the same thing yesterday... Keep practicing rejecting and changing the negative thoughts that constantly hit us when we feel vunerable and keep telling yourself that this is not a permenant situation... It is just anxiety... It feels like hell but is is not important... It is us adding fear in these situations that escalates the feelings.
I know that sounds easy and believe me I struggle with changing my attitude to it when it is raging but it does work, in time. Give it time and practice.
Phil

Porl
07-02-11, 11:51
that's good advice phil, thanks

Veronica H
07-02-11, 13:05
:welcome:to NMP Porl. Try to accept that you will not operate at your most efficient until your nerves have recovered. In the mean time, prioritise your work and plod through tasks one at a time. If negative thoughts come in, float them out over one ear on a little white cloud :)without giving them too much thought. I have found that visualising a calming colour such as blue is very effective at cooling the panic and interupting these thoughts.:bighug1: this will get better.
Vx