PDA

View Full Version : smothering feeling

anx mum
07-02-11, 12:04
Plz help got this horrible smothering feeling like i havent got enough air rung ambulance this am felt over welmed by it. Ambulance did ecg and said heart was ok is this a symptom of anxiety really scaring me:weep:

Clairalou
07-02-11, 12:38
I think untill you realise and accept that all this is just anxiety or you are never going to get any better! our bodies are programed to breathe automatically we dont even have to focus on it!
The thing is with anxiety the more you focus on the sympton the more you get, i really think you should maybe see your gp and tell them how you are feeling as they will be able to help you more! are you taking any meds for your anxiety? have you considered something like cognitive behavioural therapy!
Anxiety is one of those things that unless your willing to help youself you wont overcome it!
It took me an awful long time to get it into my head that i needed to stop forcusing on the symptoms but as soon as i did the symptoms gradually began fading!

I hope your ok xx claire xx

kah
07-02-11, 12:43
Plz help got this horrible smothering feeling like i havent got enough air rung ambulance this am felt over welmed by it. Ambulance did ecg and said heart was ok is this a symptom of anxiety really scaring me:weep:

Oh hun, you really are going through it aren't you? Can you not take reassurance from the fact that ECG was fine? I know it's hard & I wish I could take my own advice but if all the tests are clear all that's left as a cause is anxiety. Sending big hugs because I know how hard it is to stop you're mind going into over-drive.

K xx

anx mum
07-02-11, 14:21
Oh hun, you really are going through it aren't you? Can you not take reassurance from the fact that ECG was fine? I know it's hard & I wish I could take my own advice but if all the tests are clear all that's left as a cause is anxiety. Sending big hugs because I know how hard it is to stop you're mind going into over-drive.

K xx

Thank u both just had a long chat with my doc he has told me its anxiety and ive had some sort of breakdown:ohmy: just need to try and stay calm when get this awful feeling of no air hard when its with me most of the time

gypsywomen
07-02-11, 14:50
he should refer you iof he thinks you have had breakdown.doctors i dont know if you broke your leg you would get pain killers for the pain,but this pain they cant see

joans60
07-02-11, 15:23
Hi Bev
Have just read your post
Hope you are okay
Is the doctor refering you to anyone
Look after yourself

Joanx

anx mum
07-02-11, 16:36
Hi Bev
Have just read your post
Hope you are okay
Is the doctor refering you to anyone
Look after yourself

Joanx

Not coping very well got that awful smothering feeling had a long chat with doc so feel a little better guess il just have to take slow steps. How r u?

joans60
07-02-11, 16:47
Not to bad just the problem with my stomach
That is what starts my anxiety of
Have been doing my bathroom and bent down and had all acid so I panicked
Sorry to here that you are still suffering
Look after yourself
When have you got to go back to the doctors

Joan:hugs:

anx mum
07-02-11, 19:12
Not to bad just the problem with my stomach