PDA

View Full Version : Hello

battlemaiden
07-02-11, 21:16
hello i new around here,not really sure what to say about myself, im agoraphobic and at my wits end, i see no end to this i have over come this before but years ago and this time i feel i have not pushed myself enough to break the cycle and now feel things will be like this forever.

Anyway is nice to find a place where there is suppot and understanding.

nomorepanic
07-02-11, 21:17
Hi battlemaiden

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

anx mum
07-02-11, 21:35
Hi battlemaiden

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Hi im the same hun do u suffer with anxiety and panic? My anxietys back and this tme strugging to cope.

paula lynne
07-02-11, 21:41
Hi, welcome aboard. Im agoraphobic, 10 years, also panic attacks and anxiety. I dont take any meds, and this forum has changed my life. Had a holiday last year for the first time in ages, and walking to the shop alone, even go to supermarket now. Ok, its still not comfortable, in fact, most of it is uncomfortable, but facing it and confronting it was the best thing I ever did. And Im a big scardy cat. You will find loads of help and support here. Nice to meet you x:welcome:

battlemaiden
07-02-11, 21:59
yes i do anx mum. panic attacks is what has set me back again got into the cycle of avoiding situations which of course just makes u avoid more and get stuck in the rut i am now in. im struggling to, feel a total failure and a failure as a mum :(

well done paula lynne i know is not easy to motivate urself to go out let alone do it, u should be very proud of urself, i have been trying to go for a walk every day i only go round the corner but feel i am still avoiding as i am not pushing harder. and the idea of going in a shop scares the life out of me lol.

anx mum
07-02-11, 22:04
yes i do anx mum. panic attacks is what has set me back again got into the cycle of avoiding situations which of course just makes u avoid more and get stuck in the rut i am now in. im struggling to, feel a total failure and a failure as a mum :(

well done paula lynne i know is not easy to motivate urself to go out let alone do it, u should be very proud of urself, i have been trying to go for a walk every day i only go round the corner but feel i am still avoiding as i am not pushing harder. and the idea of going in a shop scares the life out of me lol.

Im the same hun avoid places now will walk to corner shop. How old r your kids? Ive got three 5,3, 6 weeks

battlemaiden
07-02-11, 22:07
9 and 7 both girls

anx mum
07-02-11, 22:09
9 and 7 both girls

Hard isnt it finding the school run hard. R u on meds?

battlemaiden
07-02-11, 22:14
i manage to take them to school ok, i not far from the school plus i dont have to go in the playground can watch through the gates, picking them up is a diff matter, i have not picked them up in so long, sounds weird i guess being able to do one but not the other but picking up means waiting in playground and panic takes hold

battlemaiden
07-02-11, 22:15
and no not on meds, have been on prozac in the past which did help to ground me

anx mum
07-02-11, 22:16
i manage to take them to school ok, i not far from the school plus i dont have to go in the playground can watch through the gates, picking them up is a diff matter, i have not picked them up in so long, sounds weird i guess being able to do one but not the other but picking up means waiting in playground and panic takes hold

Do u get physical symptoms with your panic attacks?

paula lynne
07-02-11, 22:18
You can do it. Little steps mean you can. Nobody says you have to run a marathon, I though I had to "just snap out of it and get better". It doesnt work like that though. Its not impossible, there are several members here who have completely conquered agoraphobia and anx, and its not impossible to get better.

Your trips to the shops, or even some days, opening the door and stepping outside, deserve a well done. You are already doing better than you think. Im an ex-nusre, so youd think I knew it all and could just get better...well, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. My problem was I knew too much. Screwed me up. But-IT WILL BE OK...Ive got 2 kids too, and thats enough stress...but Im here for you, especially the going out bit. Feel free to PM me anytime.xxxxx:hugs:

battlemaiden
07-02-11, 22:19
yes,shaking and feel like going to faint , had most symptoms at one point or another but mostly the need to run away :(

phil6
08-02-11, 17:45
Hi ,
I have never become trapped at home, but I can fully understand anyone doing this as the feelings of letting yourself down, losing control, even dying seem real when you are outside your comfort zone.....
Slowly, one step at a time, and without worrying about what will happen, that has to be the answer. What you imagine will happen, won't. I don't mean you won't panic.... I mean you won't drop dead, have a heart attack, run around like a mad person etc etc. Practice letting the panic come... don't try and stop it, you can't at the moment. Let it wash over you... Peace is on the other side...
Hope that helps to get you out and about practicing.
Phil

battlemaiden
08-02-11, 20:25
ty all for the comments, a nice friendly community you have here.