PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm living with anxiety

Joannaglassheart
07-02-11, 23:29
Hi everyone :)

I am new to the site so I just wanted to quickly introduce myself.

I discovered this site via Netdoctor and am already finding it helpful just to know that I am not alone!

I suffered my first panic attack about 3 years ago and had them regularly for about a year without even knowing what they were!!!! Eventually they got worse and worse until about 6 months ago I took on a new job. I just couldn't cope with the change and ended up quitting after just 2 weeks! I've not worked since!

After I left my job things went from bad to worse and depression set in. This made the anxiety so severe I could not even leave the house! Some weeks I couldn't even get out of bed or take a shower!!!! At its worst the anxiety literally makes me feel as if I am going mad! On really bad occasions I have even asked my mum to call a doctor and have me sectioned! I would be very interested to hear if anyone else suffers from this as it does seem to be quite rare. When I do get these feeling it absolutely terrifies me.

I am told by my doctor that my depression will lift after 8 months of suffering. This means that I have 2 months left but in all honesty I sometime feel as if things are just getting worse and worse!!!!

If anyone has any advice I would love to hear from you, also if anyone may want some advice from me about certain self-help strategies I have tried please feel free to contact me.

Big love to everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
07-02-11, 23:33
Hi Joannaglassheart

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes