PDA

View Full Version : Hello

icarly
08-02-11, 12:59
Hi everyone

I have made the first step today and gone to see my GP.

I have had panic attacks for several months now, although I would describe myself of always being a nervous person. I am able to appear confident and outgoing on the outside, so many of my friends do not think I have a problem.

I think my attacks have got worse recently due to our business going through a really difficult time. As the money worries get worse, my symptoms follow. Its a tricky one as to help myself, business either needs to improve or we need to go through the trauma of closing down the business...so another stressful situation could be on the horizon.

I went to see GP today who listened to me and then prescribed antideppresants, although she didnt believe I am depressed (nor do I).

Havent collected them yet.

I thought it would be worth me looking on here, as some of my problem is just not having anyone around who understands how I feel. I have always been the one who copes.

Am going to have a read through now.......
x

diane07
08-02-11, 13:02
Hi icarly

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Deekon
08-02-11, 14:36
Welcome iCarly, I understand how you feel. Every doc I went to did not think I had anxiety because I didn't look nervous. But inside, I am a mess. There are a lot of good articles and stories on here that make me feel like I am not alone and that helps.