PDA

View Full Version : Hello...I'm a newbie!

Patsta
09-02-11, 02:06
Hi all,

Well here I am!
I have suffered with anxiety/panic disorder for 9 years now, on and off!
In that time i have been on and off medication about 3 times, and I've just gone back on it again. I find that I can be great for 2 years, and then when I get run down, it hits me!
The first time it happened, back 9 years ago, I thought I could beat this thing on my own, but it wasn't the case. My thoughts just took over everything, and I just couldn't function! I was put on Zoloft and within a few weeks, started to feel better and function normally. Having a good support group also helps alot. I was lucky, in that my place of work I was able to talk to clients and was amazed at how many had also suffered from it! My father was a great help also, as he has suffered from it for years! Its hard for someone that has never been through it, to understand it or know how it feels. Thats why places like this are fantastic! You can chat with others, and know that you are not alone!
Anyway, thats my story! Looking forward to reading other peoples experiences and offer my support to anyone who needs it!
Cheers:)

nomorepanic
09-02-11, 02:14
Hi Patsta

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
09-02-11, 09:29
Welcome aboard, nice to know you! :welcome: