PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

Aimz
09-02-11, 10:16
HI,

Im Aimee and new to here.

I have been suffering with anxiety for the past 2 years. I mainly get the dizzyness feeling and have a real fear of passing out.
The anxiety and feelings have got a lot worse over the last couple of months and I have now been prescribed Citalopram. I started them yesterday and have started getting the odd head rush feeling and a burning sensation on the top of my head followed by tingling. This is worrying me alot as I have never had this feeling before. Has anyone got this from these pills?

The doctor did tell me I will get worse before better on these but im really not sure if I should be getting feelings ive not had before.

Thanks for you advise guys!

nomorepanic
09-02-11, 10:20
Hi Aimz

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

heavenly
09-02-11, 10:22
Hi Aimz. You will find a lot of support on here, plenty of us are on Citalopram. I am 4 months' in. It usually takes a minimum of 2 weeks before the side effects start to settle so try not to worry too much and obviously if you are worried about anything, just post on here. xx

Thyme
09-02-11, 10:28
Hi Aimee

Welcome I haven't been around that long but I find this site a real help.
I'm afraid your doctor is right - citalopram does make you feel worse before you get better. I started out with a ball bearing rolling round my head, horrid headache much as you describe for about 2 weeks, sometimes not so bad and sometimes miserable. I lost my appetite and my sense of taste for about 10 days but taste has now come back even if appetite hasn't, I'm well into the 3rd week and have some teeth clenching and muscle spasms at night....but on the plus side the constant chatter in my head has calmed down considerably and although I don't sleep a great deal I do at least sleep some and I can get into a shop without an overwhelming urge to scream and run away. Also I have nearly finished painting the spare room and I wouldn't have done that before believe me.

Persevere and you will start to feel better but don't expect it to happen overnight....it takes about 6 weeks to bed in properly...at least that's what the guys on this site seem to be saying.

Take care
Thyme