PDA

View Full Version : Really worried

anx mum
09-02-11, 10:26
Plz help what is this had sharp chest pain last night eventually went to bed this morning chest feels better but cant breath feel like i got no air surly i must have enough otherwise i would b struggling to talk, type. So scared feel like im going to die:weep:

LisaLisa
09-02-11, 10:35
Hi there
just wanted to say that when i get a fright and get really freaked out about something, I always feel like i cant breath and that Im going to faint..it can last for ages . like days. Also I get random pains and aches and over time I have learned to calm myself by remebering all the times that I have thought something really serious was up but then realising later it wasnt and that I had overreacted just becuase I had too much adrenaline!

If the pain was a serious thing that needed your attention straight away, it wouldnt have gone away again just like that. From reading your post, your fear is causing all your symptoms since the pain happened Im sure of that.

Dont worry hun, I m going to say check with the dr ...but thats cos I have HA too!!! LOL

Lisa
xxxxxxx

Thyme
09-02-11, 10:40
Hi

Calm down and take some deep breaths if you can: you don't describe what the chest pain was like but I definitely think that you are not going to die with this, as you say if you can talk and type then it isn't life threatening. But why did you get it? Are you anxious about something in particular? Or have you or anyone around you had a cold or chest infection recently? Do you smoke? If it comes again then I think you should seek medical advice because you need reassurance about what this is. If it is a chest infection (which it might be) then you need to get it treated.

Whatever it is I am sure you will be fine.

Take care Thyme

anx mum
09-02-11, 10:44
Hi

Calm down and take some deep breaths if you can: you don't describe what the chest pain was like but I definitely think that you are not going to die with this, as you say if you can talk and type then it isn't life threatening. But why did you get it? Are you anxious about something in particular? Or have you or anyone around you had a cold or chest infection recently? Do you smoke? If it comes again then I think you should seek medical advice because you need reassurance about what this is. If it is a chest infection (which it might be) then you need to get it treated.

Whatever it is I am sure you will be fine.

Take care Thyme

Been getting various chest pains for weeks now had ecgs chest xray, ct scans all come bk ok. Last night had sharp pain in chest just before bed really scared me not there this am but ive got a smothering feeling like i cant breath had this for days now its horrible dont know how to make it better:weep:

uk23
09-02-11, 11:05
Does it hurt more when you push down on your chest?

anx mum
09-02-11, 11:07
Plz help what is this had sharp chest pain last night eventually went to bed this morning chest feels better but cant breath feel like i got no air surly i must have enough otherwise i would b struggling to talk, type. So scared feel like im going to die:weep:

Going to docs later gonna tell him bout chest pains and breathing again feel so alone noone seems to understand in my family its like they think im making it up dont wanna b like this

anx mum
09-02-11, 11:08
Does it hurt more when you push down on your chest?

yeah hurts to press chest pains varies from sharp to heavyness, pressure

allergyphobia
09-02-11, 11:13
costochondritis

anx mum
09-02-11, 11:16
costochondritis

whats this sorry?

allergyphobia
09-02-11, 11:20
inflammation of the chest bone, mimicks heart attack style pain, can be caused by a virus... google it, that's actually how all my anx problems started i got diagnosed by the doc

uk23
09-02-11, 11:38
what allergyphobia said, costochondritis

allergyphobia
09-02-11, 11:50
what allergyphobia said, costochondritis

:yesyes:

Thyme
09-02-11, 11:54
Hi again

I'm glad you had the scans xrays etc 'cos if they have come back ok then we needn't worry that it is your heart and so you don't have to panic about it.

Nevertheless, I think chest pain should always be investigated and that's what your doc is doing so try not to worry (er...like that's easier said than done...).

Take care Thyme

Nutty
09-02-11, 12:44
Going to docs later gonna tell him bout chest pains and breathing again feel so alone noone seems to understand in my family its like they think im making it up dont wanna b like this

I totally know how you feel, my family and friends all think I am either mad or attention seaking, all I want to do is shout from the rooftops ..... do you think I want to be like this?????? Nooooooooo. I wish I could stop analysing everyting from ill feelings, aches and pains to strange noises in my car, anything I can worry about I do and it drives everyone mad including me cause I feel that is just what is going to happen. I am sure everything will be ok, let us know what the doctor says.

xxxx

kah
09-02-11, 12:47
My mother-in-law got rushed to hospital just before Xmas with a supected heart attack and she underwent loads of tests and scans and it turned out to be costochondritis. The doc told her the symptoms are excatly the same so it's very difficult to tell them apart. Her chest is still tender to touch now.

K xx