PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! How will i manage this??

Ashtonsmam
31-03-06, 12:43
Hi all i hope you are all doing ok,,

i have a BIG problem and i do not know what to do about it,,i have to ring the dental hospital to make an appt to get 5 teeth out under sedation,,my problems are:

1) the hosp is about 13 mile away and im scared of traveling incase i get car sick (im emetophobic)
2)im really scared of blood and i know if i taste it or see it i will be in a full blown panic attack
3)im really scared of being sedated as ive never been sedated before
4)im petrified the sedation will make me vomit after i wake up
5)im frightened of seeing the holes in my gums after theyre taking out because im a really sickly person and i know i will panic just with the thought of the holes in my gums
6)what if on the way home in the car i need to be sick off the sedation and i have to get out the car to vomit infront of people (social phobic)
7)or what if i just make a complete fool of myself infront of everyone there with me.

i even considered not phoning them to make the appt and just thought to myself ill put up with the pain,,but the thing is i KNOW i HAVE to make the appt because the pain is getting worse and i have had 3 abcesses in a month :( so i have no choice and the thought of not having the choice makes me worse,,

trevor
31-03-06, 13:11
hi mate,,

firstly let me say i have been there only 2 years ago i had to go to the hospital and have 8 teeth cut out of my gums because they had all broken away,,

1) 13 miles is such a short distance to be pain free,,although i cant travel more than a mile cause of my agarophobia trust yourself mate you can do it,,

2)hey i am scared of blood but when your in there and its all over with you wont care what blood tastes like,,

3) i had a genaral aneasthetic and was terrified when the nurse came to get me to go down i said to my uncle who was there to support me ""see you later MAYBE"" the nurse laughed,,when i sat on the operating table the nurse asked me to take my trainers off ,,i said why ,,,she said so you cant run away WE LAUGHED sort of ,,and
when the needle went in my arm the anesthesiologist think of something nice and i thought ROULETTE WHEELi go to cassino you see and thats all all thought and within a second i was asleep it was ok,,

4) the anesthatic does not make you sick i didnt me i felt a little drowsy but was home within 1 hour of waking up,,

5) yeah i had 8 holes in my gums i did initially feel them with my tounge the decided not to anymore cause they soon close up,,i had stiches in all mine i could feel the stiches hanging in my mouth,,

6)again i dont think being sick will enter your mind you will be that chuffed you have done it you will just want to get home and relax,,

7)this was a big concern of mine but when the nurse told me if you go home now you will have to wait another 6 months before they would consider doing it fo me,,,i thought NO WAY am i waiting another 6 months with this pain and worrying about it for another 6 months,,she said it would be 5 times as hard to come back,,
i sat and thought about this and she was right,,so i stayed,

PLEASE DONT CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT ,

DO THIS AND IT WILL MAKE YOU STRONGER,,

AND THINK YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY AGAIN ONCE ITS DONE,,

NOW I HAVE A LOVELY SMILE:D AFTER BEEN TO THE DENTISTS FOR COSMETICS,,

I HAVENT HAD ANY TOOTHACHE FOR 2 YEARS WOW ITS BRILLIANT,,

DO IT FOR YOURSELF,,

PM ME IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A TALK OK,,i will even give you my phone number if you want to talk ok,,

let me know how it goes,,

the best of luckk,,

trevor,:)

better to fight for something than to live for nothing