PDA

View Full Version : Could my bipolar be causing me to get I'll alot?

Lizziesaurus
09-02-11, 12:49
Meant to say ill not I'll, damn iPad!

I wasn't too sure where to post this so sorry if it seems really out of place. But I was wondering if my bipolar could be causing me to get more colds and flu etc than that of someone healthy?
Namely the depression side of it, I think but I'm in what feels like an uphill struggle with work about my attendance record. Hr keep saying there seems to be no link to any medical conditions and have now written to my doctor (with my permission) for advice. But I want to know could it be related? I know a lot of the time iv stayed off longer than needs be because I was feeling down but because I just thought that to be normal at the time I didn't think much of it. Now I'm wondering if it has and is having an effect?

If so how could I go about getting confirmation of it and/or how can I help myself? I don't think health anxiety helps either. Imean just on Monday I wasn't well I think from the cocodamol I was taking, but for some reason I make myself feel worse than I am and I have Jo idea why :shrug:

Any advice would be great, and again sorry if this isn't in the right place.