PDA

View Full Version : OMG was this panic attack?

anx mum
09-02-11, 13:41
Just had pain in chest and couldnt breath was horrible thought i was having heart attack really scared me:weep:

sammi
09-02-11, 14:30
Yes panic and anxiety :hugs:

Bev you said your gp said he thinks you have had some kind of breakdown, has he offered you any help? I mean my mum had a break down and she wasn't just left to it. You need professional help if this is the case.x

anx mum
09-02-11, 14:35
Yes panic and anxiety :hugs:

Bev you said your gp said he thinks you have had some kind of breakdown, has he offered you any help? I mean my mum had a break down and she wasn't just left to it. You need professional help if this is the case.x

Got docs later not happy maybe il ask about cbt cant cope with these pains and horrible breathing feelings

sammi
09-02-11, 14:43
Ok hun text me and let me know how you get on:) x

anx mum
09-02-11, 18:18
Just had pain in chest and couldnt breath was horrible thought i was having heart attack really scared me:weep:

Dont know what to think anymore feel im going mad getting these pains and breathing sensations. Doc referred me for cbt.

sammi
09-02-11, 20:13
That's great hope it helps you like it has me:)

Oh hun your not going mad I know its awful but its anxiety and your definately not going mad I promise:)

Its anxiety me you and your doctor know it, so its time to start dealing with it and CBT is a great starting point. You will have to accept its anxiety before you start cbt other wise its pointless going. For example I had to accept I was suffering anxiety and not a heart problem or what would of been the point going to a cbt therapist she can't help me if I have a heart problem:)

So did your doctor say anything else? X