PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

englishguy43
09-02-11, 17:45
Hi Dave here from warwickshire. 43 years old and suffer from panic attacks, gad, social anxiety and depression and at times agoraphobia. Presently take cipralex 20mg but not helping much.
Would like some friends on here, take care.

nomorepanic
09-02-11, 17:46
Hi englishguy43

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

buster_uk1967
09-02-11, 17:47
Hi Dave. I am also 43 and suffer PA's and Anxiety. I am on day eight of taking 20mg of prozac. Welcome to chat anytime.

englishguy43
09-02-11, 18:07
cheers. hope the prozac works for you, they worked great for my depression but unforunatley made my anxiety worse, never seem to have found anything that works on anxiety too well - in 25 years of meds. alcohol was great for it but caused an even bigger mess, well thanks for the welcome

SHYGIRLAJB
09-02-11, 18:07
Hi Dave,

Welcome to NMP. I hope you find this site useful and there are plenty of people to chat too.

Anita.

englishguy43
09-02-11, 18:12
thanks anita, is doing my head in a bit on here as never used forums etc before, have always avoided but thought i`d get on this site and try it, seems quite complicated trying to find messages etc, sure i`ll get there eventually, take care

Vanilla Sky
09-02-11, 18:14
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

englishguy43
09-02-11, 18:15
thankyou paige:D

SHYGIRLAJB
09-02-11, 18:20
thanks anita, is doing my head in a bit on here as never used forums etc before, have always avoided but thought i`d get on this site and try it, seems quite complicated trying to find messages etc, sure i`ll get there eventually, take care

I guess its a learning curve and you will get used to it eventually.

violetta
09-02-11, 18:29
Nice to meet you Dave I hope we can all help each other, being I am not sure quite what to do

englishguy43
09-02-11, 18:43
thankyou violetta, am struggling to find my replies, can`t seem to upload my photo, oh dear, is giving me another panic lol

violetta
09-02-11, 18:49
me too I do sympathise I have all your conditions !!!!!!!!!!!!! no fool like an old fool hope you get this we just have to keep going

englishguy43
09-02-11, 18:53
me too I do sympathise I have all your conditions !!!!!!!!!!!!! no fool like an old fool hope you get this we just have to keep going
yeah let`s just keep going. My gran always quote that "no fool like an old fool" well don`t you go putting yourself down:yesyes: