PDA

View Full Version : low white blood cell re test tomorrow

cornishmaid
09-02-11, 18:32
havntthought much about it last week,but tomorrow i have to have my white blood cell count re done as mine 3 weeks ago was 3.8 and doc said should be between 4 and 11,beginning to freak out about it now.dont want to google low whilte blood cell count,am scared now

nomorepanic
09-02-11, 19:02
Well 3.8 is very nearly the low end.

I think low white cell count means you are fighting infection.

I am sure it will be fine and the doc will do something about it if not.

My lymphocyte count is less than half what it should be cos of medication I am on but they just monitor it and aren't overly worried about it.

macc noodle
09-02-11, 20:15
You can get a low count if you have had a virus or something like that - last time I had a set of bloods done, I had to get a re-test and it came back normal.

Please don't worry too much about it.

:hugs:

cornishmaid
11-02-11, 14:26
Thank you for your replies, had my full blood count done again yesterday,just been get the results and they are all normal again :D

nomorepanic
11-02-11, 15:21
There you go see - all that worry over nothing.

Mine has been less than half what it should be for nearly 2 years but I don't worry about it now as the docs keep an eye on it for me.

Typer
11-02-11, 16:18
Mine tend to go high if I have an infection or virus, and low just after. Could be you have dealt with a virus or something, or rather your system has and the immune system can take a few weeks to recover. I've had a low count numerous times. I have a blood condition, but, no-one has ever been really worried about the occasional low whites.

If you are worried - just know that anything more serious is likely to affect all counts in bloods - red...white and platelets

Ooops sorry, missed your reply...that's great its all normal