PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex journey

smb25
10-02-11, 14:04
Well, its been just over two weeks now, although only 6 days on 10mg.

I can feel some improvement (albeit small). I am not crying, which is a start but still quite anxious in the mornings and appetite still way off. I do not sleep well either, usually about 4.5 hours a night, wake around 4.30am and then can't get back to sleep. My mind still races around but I kinda feel calmer?? Getting myself worked up over a few things, should I go back to work next week (been off 4 weeks so far) and also my daughter has a parents evening next week which I must go to. When I think of these, the instant sick / butterflies feeling takes over :-(

Just want to be free of all this anxiety Shite! Sorry bout the language...

:wacko:

englishguy43
10-02-11, 14:10
Hi, glad they`re helping a little. I found that they did for a while help with depression but did little for anxiety. Increased to 20mg a month ago and now seem as bad as i was before i started them. Have tried them all over the years, get so tired of it but do hope they help you, different med`s for different people i guess, just wish i could find the right one.

Anxious-in-Canada
10-02-11, 21:43
Go to hear things are on the up swing SMB

These meds do help many people, but not all. The key perspective is that of all the millions taking this med you really only hear from the one percent having issues...

I hope that we all find some help and get better. There is a fix for us all we just can't give up looking for it. Englishguy I do hope you find something increasing can be like starting over again so it may take a little more time to see the benefits, so hang in there.

I find journaling my progress here that going back you can see the progression, especially with this med as it seems to progress subtly

Take care

smb25
11-02-11, 13:14
Good day so far today, and I have managed breakfast which is the first time in 4 weeks!

Went to docs this morning, he is pleased with my progress. Signed me off for another week with a phased return to work the week after on reduced hours. At the moment I feel fine with this. He said its likely I will take 2 steps forward and 1 step back for sometime yet (what joy!).

As for the not sleeping.. well he said that should get better with time, I can take a zopiclone up to twice a week just to get a bit more sleep. The nausea should also reduce over time.

Trying not to think about parents evening next week (the ex husband is also going) although its not freaking me out today as much as it was yesterday. I will just wait for Tuesday and see what happens.

x

Anxious-in-Canada
11-02-11, 22:03
Great news. Yeah my therapist said the same thing, two steps forward and one step back but at least it is progression.

Part of the difficulty with anxiety is that we care too much about what other people think, which in reality is us believing that everyone is thinking about us. The truth of the matter is everyone is self absorbed, and probably only give ten percent of their thoughts to someone else. People with anxiety however think it the opposite which is wrong.

It hard to grasp but the remedy is to try and not take things personally. It takes practice to master and I am so far from it right now. My point here is SMB you are you, not what others think of you. I truth they will only think about you for a short time. So try to not worry about the parent night, be yourself. The person who has to like you is you.

Now children fall into a special category with their parents for unconditional love.... So they don't ever have to worry about you not loving them... Because you always will.

You are doing well so be kind go yourself.

smb25
13-02-11, 12:52
Thanks Anxious, I am gonna keep reading your post for inspiration until Tuesday!

Had an ok weekend, bit up and down yesterday but handled it well. Today is good so far.

Fed up with the sleeping side though, I think its more the tablets than anxiety?? has anyone else had this for such a long time, i feel my best when i go to bed so thats why i think its the tablets keeping me awake.

Anxious-in-Canada
13-02-11, 13:05
SMB see if you can find some Melatonin to help with sleep. It is natural substance and has no side effects. It works for me, it doesn't make you fall asleep but make you have a deep sleep.

It settles down an active mind, many people use it to cure jet lag.

Do a little online research it may be something for you.

smb25
13-02-11, 13:43
Thanks, im going to see what i can find out, willing to try anything at this point!

Pcdaft
13-02-11, 23:16
H I Smb try and keep going it is hard i know but you will get there ? you are doing well take care speak soon? xx:hugs:

smb25
14-02-11, 12:15
3 weeks update:

Having a bit of a strange day... feel bit anxious but ok, dont really feel like I want to do anything though???

Still bit worked up about tomorrow, anxiety management in the morning and then parents evening, also its my daughters 13 birthday tomorrow and i desperately want to be having a good day for her sake!....maybe thats why feel bit funny today.

Sometimes I feel so stupid/useless... nobody "normal" gets in a state about their childs birthday and a parents evening! I might sneak in a few Diazepam tomorrow, haven't had any for weeks.

Pcdaft
14-02-11, 12:39
you will be fine just try and dont worry about it as that will make it worse i used to get uptight about parents evening aswell ? you are doing great keep up the good work ? we all have our ups and downs ? take care speak soon ? xx:hugs:

Anxious-in-Canada
14-02-11, 14:30
SMB, don't be hard on yourself. More people than you can imagine get nerved up about things (social events, flying, speaking in front of people, confrontation....a multitude of other things.)

You will be fine, do what you can (your best) and be kind to yourself. If you can only stay for twenty minutes that is fine, the next one maybe you stay for an hour or the whole thing...keep positive.

Don't stress about the birthday, you are you and you are your daughter's mom. She will love having you around no matter the capacity, again just try your best. That is all you can do!

If you can, try not to take the diazepam, but if you need it don't stress it. Again next time maybe you won't need it....

It is funny, but the time leading up to tomorrow is far more stressful than the actual day...because we can't change the past, and live in the present and worry about the future....so the key thing is live in the now (present) the future is unknown and could be a million different things, so why worry on one particular outcome...this is something I have to work on too, I worry too much about what might be that sometimes I miss out on the "what is happening right now" stuff.

Chin up, you will be fine tomorrow. Enjoy your beautiful daughter!

smb25
16-02-11, 13:21
Bit of a mixed report today, yesterday was (unexpectedly) a good day. Anxiety mangement class was ok and then I had parents evening, no panics and it went well. My daughter is doing fantastic at school. It was also her birthday (and I hate any type of anniversary) but actually felt ok.

PROBLEM 1: Then... last night, didn't have much appetite to start with but thought I need to eat something, I get my dinner in front of me, after about 5 mouthfuls I get the PANG... appetite gone completely, can't eat anymore, why is this happening? i didn't feel anxious.

PROBLEM 2: Sleep.... or lack of it. Went to bad quite late as was watching a film but just couldn't sleep. I was still awake at 3a.m, and now I feel bit rough this morning. I have looked into the Melatonin but it seems its not available here, maybe on prescription?? I will ask the doc on Friday. This no sleep is getting me down, I did drink some pepsi last night, could that have been the cause?? I have been prescibed zopiclone but don't like taking it, makes me feel strange the next day and I alsways seem to have a worse day the day after. Might have to relent tonight though. Not sure how much more of no sleep I can bear.

Sorry for the long post... but I needed to have a rant :wacko:

Anxious-in-Canada
16-02-11, 14:57
Let it out, don't worry about ranting! It is good to let your feelings out, they are your feelings.

Pepsi does contain caffeine, so depending on how caffeine effects you that could be the cause.

Your were stressing about yesterday and it is understandable that you probably were just coming off of all your nerves being on edge during the parent evening. Hopefully your appetite comes back today, try food that are easy for you: toast, cereal, fruits vegetables, fruit smoothies....etc) It is great to hear your daughter is doing well!

Melatonin, yes certainly ask your doctor. I am not certain if it is a prescription in the UK it is not in Canada. It can be purchased at the chemists, natural health stores and even Walmart (department store chain). It is a natural substance that we get from the food we eat, and we produce it through the pinneal gland. I will bore with a bit more detail here...

Sunlight stimulates the pinneal gland, and then as the day carries on the galnd then starts to secrete melatonin, which is nick named the "dark hormone." Melatonin tells the body and mind that it dark now and time to go to sleep. Which results in a deeper restful sleep. This is why it is used by people who suffer jet lag as the body's sleep clock is off, and supplemental melatonin can set the clock right.

So in countries that get little sunlight, low melatonin is common. add to this the lack of vitmain D, also produce with sunlight, and many people suffer Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)...winter time blues.

I can't tell you what is more significant, a good sleep through zopiclone or NOT feeling the strangeness of zopiclone the next day...but what ever you decide is fine, be kind to yourself.

Take care.

smb25
17-02-11, 17:24
Strange day today, neither feel particularly anxious or "normal" / happy.

I did in the end take a zopiclone last night, needed some sleep.

Today all I have managed is to sit on the sofa with the lap top.

So overall, nothing to report, feel a bit like i have progressed as far as I will and this is kind of it.. :weep: ... im talking rubbish im sure.

Tuesday was my third week.

Anxious-in-Canada
17-02-11, 19:16
It is a slow progression, stay positive and you will get there.

I am sure once the sleep comes around you will really start to feel better.

smb25
18-02-11, 11:22
Day 24 update:

Docs this morning, he is pleased with my progress. I spoke to him about the Melatonin (sp?) but he said its not licensed in this country so he can't prescribe it to me :weep:. He said the insomnia and appetite should return in time (didn't say how long!).

We have agreed that next week I can do a phased return to work. Feel ok about it. Bit anxious but think thats just because i have been off so long. I think I need to get back and focus on getting some normality back in my life!

Hope we all have a good day :winks:

Anxious-in-Canada
18-02-11, 14:58
Good to hear your progress is coming along.

Melatonin, ok since you can't supplement it you can do it naturally (depending on weather!!!) if it is sunny out, sit by the window for an hour (if possible) allowing the sunlight to hit you eyes and your forehead. Best to do this in the morning if possible.

Alos another alternative is Full Spectrum lighting, or a tanning bed...do a little research on the Light Therapy is can help on the prodcution of vitamin D (the happy vitamin) and melatonin.... just another suggestion so use it as you wish.

Getting back to work will help in getting you back to the routines, stay positve and take care.

smb25
20-02-11, 12:01
There hasn't been sun in this part of the country for yonks!

Have slept a little better i think the last couple of nights, only woke a few times and have managed to get back off the an hour or so.

Had a really rough day yesterday, struggled with anxious feelings the majority of the day, managed to go out food shopping and visit a friend, it was hard but I did it. By the time the evening came i felt a lot less anxious. Couldnt eat all day but had a good meal last night.

Today feel a little on edge but not as bad as yesterday.

I am going back to work tomorrow so think this is why im having a bit of a rough weekend. I know i will be fine when I get there, its just the waiting......:wacko:

Anxious-in-Canada
20-02-11, 12:43
Hang in there, the unknown of tomorrow is probably playing on your mind.

You have done this before and you can do it again. It will probably be good therapy to get back into the swing of things.

Getting out helps too, good on you for getting out this weekend!

Just remember that the evenings are great and it will give you something to look forward during the day. Eventually your whole day will be like your evenings.

Take care

smb25
21-02-11, 18:09
Went back to work today, didn't feel to anxious about it either... amazing.

Had a good day, didn't feel like i have been off 5 weeks. Having a good evening to, feel more like my old self than ever today. Got therapy again tomorrow.

Being back at work and occupied has definately helped.

Hopefully might help me to sleep more tonight to, heres hoping :yesyes:

Anxious-in-Canada
21-02-11, 18:41
Awesome news! Before you know it you will be back to your normal self.

Take care

smb25
23-02-11, 16:38
Had another good couple of days, really feel going back to work has helped tremendously. Made a huge error at work to and didn't panic about it, just went to see the MD, explained calmly, apologised and corrected it. He was great about it and said how impressed he was I owned up especially after what ive been through! phew.....

Sleep could still improve but i think its a little better.

And also i'm starving............. wheres the fridge, its been so long, i've forgotten where it is! ha ha

:winks:

allergyphobia
23-02-11, 16:41
Great to hear this :hugs:

Pcdaft
23-02-11, 23:24
Hi Smb great news about your work ? yes im glad i stayed at work as it really helped me millions thanks for reply ? just keep up the good work and you will get there take care speak soon xx:hugs:

Tero
24-02-11, 01:32
Yes, work is a good routine. I wish my bosses were not such idiots. Actually two layers above me are the idiots. But I do not want their job.

Good luck with your routine.

Anxious-in-Canada
24-02-11, 12:45
Great news!

Work helped me too, killing some time by being busy rather than stewing in the anxiety and depression...

Hey good on you, for realizing a mistake and owning it. That is a huge thing!! If take the mistake and internalize it that would feed the anxiety which doesn't help us at all! Proud of you!

Take care

smb25
25-02-11, 20:24
First week back to work went well. Eating a lot lot better now, in fact probably too well! can't win, lol x

Looking forward to the weekend, think i might take a sleeping tablet tonight, has been a week since the last one and I can lay in tomorrow. Sleep is improving a little but not quite right yet.

I am feeling very positive at the moment. Going to treat myself in town tomorrow afternoon!

x

Pcdaft
25-02-11, 21:41
hey smb thats great news ? glad you are feeling better now keep up the good work speak soon ?take care xxx:hugs:

Anxious-in-Canada
26-02-11, 12:54
Awesome news SMB. I am so happy for you.

Yes treat yourself you deserve it. In town and with extra sleep, we can all use some pampering in our lives!

Take care

smb25
28-02-11, 20:04
Overall a good weekend, few mild moments of panic/anxiousness but dealt with it ok.

Went shopping, treated myself to some new (quite expensive) nail varnish! I deserve it... lol

Shaky morning today, probably just because its monday, wore off once I got to work.

Pcdaft
28-02-11, 23:25
HI SMB good to hear you had a good weekend and you are getting there ? and about the grey hair i get quite panicky too i f have got a lot then it is time to go to hairdressers? lol take care speak soon?xx

Anxious-in-Canada
01-03-11, 14:32
SMB - You are doing great! Glad to hear things are progressing for you.

Take care

smb25
02-03-11, 16:49
Still doing ok, not had to do much out of my comfort zone so fingers crossed when i do that I can handle it. Sure I will. Positive thinking!

Anxious-in-Canada
02-03-11, 18:51
Exactly keeping positive is the key. Also remember that if things don't go smooth be kind to yourself, and remember you will try to do better next next time...

Glad to hear the sun has been out, across the ocean we are having a winter that doesn't want to leave!! Can't wait until spring.

smb25
04-03-11, 16:51
Another week down. Feeling good. Docs today for progress check, he is also pleased with how its going. I can finally stop my weekly appointments! Moving onto monthly appointments (unless I need to go any earlier of course).

Sleep is up and down, some nights are better than others. Still take time to get off to sleep and do wake up a few times but can usually get back off to sleep.

Appetite is back with a vengeance! trying to control it but once I get past the morning nausea (very little nausea now) I can eat for england....

Cipralex has been a life saver!

Anxious-in-Canada
05-03-11, 23:45
Awesome news SMB!

Yeah my appetite is back something fierce too!! But food feeds the brain so that is a good sign of getting well.

Take care and talk soon

tn13
07-03-11, 00:07
Hi everyone, I am also a Canadian dealing with anxiety on Cipralex. Today is day 9 and today's the first day that I think I'm starting to feel a bit better. Unfortunately the first week was rough, starting out with tiredness during the day for the first few days (though thankfully I've been able to sleep better since starting it! Strange how it seems to either cause insomnia or fatigue depending on the person...) and it's been causing me weird tingling, prickling, sometimes warm, sometimes cold (weird, I know, but there's no other way to describe it!) sensations on my scalp but they seem to be getting better. I've also lost my appetite a bit. Starting about day 4 my anxiety got really bad and I had to pop an Ativan on Thursday and Friday but I haven't since then, fingers crossed!! Glad to hear the meds seem to be helping you :)

smb25
07-03-11, 17:41
Hi TN,

Welcome to the cipralex club! its been a life saver for me.

Keep at it, it does get better, mine took a few weeks but I can certainly see the light now so was definately worth it. I'm sure they will help you to, in time. Try and be patient, easier said I know but read through mine, anxious in canada and panic52 posts/threads, hopefully they will be a good source of encouragement for you. Reading others threads definately helped me.

Let us know how you are getting on and always here for you for support x :D

smb25
10-03-11, 16:17
Good few days for me. Felt a little anxious monday morning when I got up but think that is just the monday blues to be honest. Was fine once I got to work.

Feeling "normal" now, most days.

Will post again in another few days x

Anxious-in-Canada
10-03-11, 20:28
Great news SMB. I am happy you are doing well!

Take care

smb25
13-03-11, 11:06
A couple of little anxious moments this weekend, nothing major just it reminding me thats its still there lurking in the background!

I WILL remain focused on this not beating me!

Anxious-in-Canada
13-03-11, 12:27
That's a great attitude SMB! Good on you.

smb25
13-03-11, 21:27
The willingness to get through this is there but the rest of me is not responding!

Not had a great day today, very up and down. Appetite been reduced, felt very tired but unable to sleep. Not had much energy, literally had to force myself to have a tidy up and go over the in laws. I am hoping this doesn't go into tomorrow, I don't want to wake up to increased anxiousness.

It will be six weeks on Tuesday, so I guess still early days and blips are only to be expected. It just throws you completely when you have been doing so well and there seems no reasoning behind it.

:blush: Night all x

Anxious-in-Canada
14-03-11, 12:45
I can't agree more SMB, feeling so good then having a "blip" is so disheartening. But when you think about it, you can't be completely happy all the time. We have emotions for sadness and anger and love as well...it is more that we have been so anxious that we think once we are feeling better we have gotten by the anxiety. We haven't as anxiety is part of life as well...

Good with the bad as they say, but in all honesty it is not easy for us to deal with. I wish we could tell the anxiety to flip off, and it would! But instead I have been told that I need to accept the anxiety and recognise it BUT not let it consume !!

Stay positive, I need to and so do you. You too have come a long way! Reflect back and you will see the progress you have made.

Hang in there and take care.

smb25
14-03-11, 15:42
Totally crap day :weep:. Got up after an awful nights non sleep, showered and managed to get into work... Well then it really did take off. Major anxiety attack, crying at work, colleagues all saw, my boss took me into the office and told me I should go home (not in a horrible way but a supportive one) but I said no, its harder being at home on your own, thoughts racing etc. Managed to get through the day, not sure how, nearly gave in and came home early.

Rang my doc, just to check this is "normal", he is not in till Weds :huh:.

Scared all over again, never had a "blip" really before as I put things down to the meds getting in my system, its six weeks now though.

How long do they last usually??? I just feel I can't face this again... :lac:

%$^* anxiety... I hate it

Anxious-in-Canada
14-03-11, 16:31
SMB, you made it through though. Take the time now to relax and do something you enjoy.

The blips are temporary (how long not sure) this one will pass.

Six weeks, not sure where that puts you. But I am sure that you will get there soon.

I hate anxiety too, but it is part of us...we do have to deal with it....

Hang in there, I know it is rough, really it is tough. Have faith and stay positive.

take care

Pcdaft
14-03-11, 23:10
hi smb sorry you are have a bad day but you have got through it well done for staying at work its hard when you get a setback epescially when you have been doing so well but it will pass soon hang in there take care speak soon :hugs:

smb25
15-03-11, 15:40
Today slightly better than yesterday, went to work but was really hard to stop the intrusive thoughts from taking over. Feel very very tired and havent stopped yawning all afternoon, trouble is later when its bedtime I will get a second wind and not be able to sleep grrrr. Hopefully I will get over this in a day or two.

Hope all is ok for everyone x

smb25
16-03-11, 15:42
I spoke to my doctor today about this blip i am experiencing. He said it is not totally unexpected and is good that I have improved over last last day or two. He will review me in two weeks time and may up my dose to 20mg depending on how the next 2 weeks are. I asked if he would expect this to keep happening (knowing people on the forum seem to have a few) and he said no, it shouldn't as long as the dosage is right, so now i am a little perplexed??

Anxious-in-Canada
16-03-11, 23:01
Hi SMB I think the dose is the key and take time finding the right one. I too think ibam not at the correct dose if I continue to have blips....

It is frustrating but we do have good periods during the day so that is a benefit too

tn13
17-03-11, 04:27
Hey all, just checking back in. It's the end of day 19 of my Cipralex experience and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, thank goodness! The tingles and weird feelings in my head seem to have gone away. I ran into a bit of a weird spell where my head was blank and I felt really numb, like I had to force myself to talk in my head (though truth be told I think I did that to myself as I started doing that one day to try and get my mind off the tingling headachy feeling) and I still have that a bit but it's going away gradually. Today was the first good day I've had in a long time. I was anxious in the late morning once I got to school but I had a bad sleep and had to wake up early for class. I've also started noticing that I'm sweating quite a bit at night, but it's not horrible.

I have my first psych appointment tomorrow (thus far I've been dealing with my GP but I got an appointment with the psychiatrist at the hospital and we'll see where we're going from there, doctor said she may adjust my medication or refer me to a therapist). I also have a therapist appointment through my uni - here in my province therapy isn't covered under government healthcare but with my tuition I have access to a counsellor at school who's supposed to be quite good, so I figured I'd take advantage of that, but the appointment isn't until the end of the month as she was backed up. I've been getting assignments done and my parents say I've been making big improvements. Today is the first day I've really felt that and I actually felt good when I woke up for the first time since all of this started even though I had to wake up early. I'm going our for dinner with my friends for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow as well, so I'm hoping between that, the psych appointment and (I think) the Cipralex starting to work it will be a good day. Happy St. Patty's to all of you :)

Anxious-in-Canada
17-03-11, 14:03
Tn13

Great news!! You are being positive which will help you too.

That is one thing I don't understand in Canada how psychologists are not part of health care. It is a shame as many would benefit from them!!!

Stay positive and take care

tn13
18-03-11, 02:45
Day 20 and again I'm feeling pretty good. I feel like it's sort of hard to concentrate and think still but it's probably because I'm overthinking it, as my doctor said. I saw the psychiatrist and I really like her. She put some of my fears a bit more to rest, saying that if neurologically there was something wrong with me there would be physical signs that she'd be able to pick up on from talking to me that I don't have, which makes me feel a bit better. She upped my dosage to 20 mg and said I would benefit from CBT, and tried to give me more perspective on where this is all coming from. Went out with my friends tonight and had a good time. Hopefully I'm on the way out of this.

smb25
18-03-11, 20:36
Good on you tn13, hope things keep going well for you.

I am feeling better than I did earlier in the week but not as good as i have been, each day it is very up and down for most of the day. Feeling fine and dandy for a while and then slip back into the "oh my god" then back up etc you get the general idea.

Not sure what this means,:shrug: will just have to ride it out for a couple of weeks and see what happens, doc is going to review the end of March.

Have a good weekend all, I am damm well gonna try and have a good one! :wacko:

Anxious-in-Canada
19-03-11, 11:23
Hey SMB

I too have been experiencing that as well. Mine tend to be longer though, up for a few days then down for a few days... Almost seem manic depressive at times. Very odd, I am trying to get in and see my doctor to discuss this. Whether the dose is enough or if this is still the meds getting adjusted. It has been almost three months mow thought it would have levelled by now

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

smb25
20-03-11, 15:32
Better day today, bit iffy this morning but manged to not let it lead into anything.

Weather here has been lovely last couple of days so managed to get lots of fresh air this weekend. The dog has never been up the park for so long!

Also got quite a few bits done at home and with the car so although there have been a few pangs of anxiety, it hasn't stopped me doing things, just annoyed me thats its been tagging along.

Hopefully this blip is now on its way back where it came from, nowhere!

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

Anxious-in-Canada
20-03-11, 16:00
Great news SMB

Fresh air and good weather are great at making us feel better.

Have a continued great weekend

Tale care

smb25
23-03-11, 17:14
Still improving day by day. Not feeling as good as I did 2 weeks ago but maybe I have now just hit the level. I am not sure I will increase the dosage at this point, think I will just see how things go. Blips are not fun :lac:

Felt very tired last couple of evenings, feel asleep on the sofa in the early eve, for hour or so. Did have a busy weekend so maybe its just catch up.

My anxiety management classes have also come to an end. I am glad I went. I am a lot more knowledgeable about anxiety now, symptons and handling etc. Not sure it helps dramatically when anxiety is at its height but at least I have bit more understanding and experience of it now.

I am still not sure if I have come to terms with knowing this is probably a life long problem. I think I am still hanging in for that miracle cure.... acceptance is a key part to recovery, not sure how to make myself accept this? Its a working progress...

Best wishes all x

Anxious-in-Canada
23-03-11, 17:45
Blips are hard, but with time they will be less frequent and not lasting so long....

Anxiety is part of life, that is true. It is part of everyone. BUt don't be discourage, you can get to a point where it doesn't consume you, with work... have faith and stay the course. You will get better as long as you work at it...

You have worked so hard over the last few months, take pride in that. I do know from experience how difficult it has been!

Take care.

smb25
27-03-11, 23:07
Couple of minor blips over the weekend, first one was sat night, we had company and just sat down to eat when it just hit me... pang! I managed to get through it pretty easily but for the life of me I don't know why i got it! Again today, few odd feelings. It seems to come on when I try and eat a meal??? could it just be an association sympton?? when i am really anxious, i can't eat. It really is strange because I honestly don't feel particularly anxious beforehand. Its bizarre! :wacko:

I have my monthly check up/review on Friday with my doc. Still not sure whether to up my dosage from 10mg. He said we will discuss it. Not sure the 10mg has completely stabilized me at this point and its now been nearly 8 weeks. Might give it a couple of more weeks yet, see how it goes.

So overall, not a too bad weekend really. Minor blips dealt with, just wish I didn't have to do that. Still think its down to acceptance and I'm not there yet :shrug:, not sure I will ever be but i am trying to learn.....

Hope we all have a good week ahead! x x

Anxious-in-Canada
28-03-11, 14:26
SMB, yeah that knida happened to me too this weekend...

Still kinda feeling off this morning. I too am tired of the blips coming out of nowhere especially when you are feeling so great...

Appetite is the first thing that hits me, as anxiety is what puts your stomach in knots...so it makes sense from a physiological perspective.

Hope you have a good day, I would be interested in hearing what your doc has to say...I can't seem to get in to see mine :(

smb25
30-03-11, 17:31
Quite good last few days. This up and down is manageable but not sure its how it should be.

smb25
01-04-11, 19:18
Docs today, he is very pleased with how things are going. I spoke to him about the ups and downs but he said they are par for course but should get less frequent and not be so intense. He said that my periods could have a small effect but it shouldn't be anything major. We discussed upping my meds from 10mg to 20mg. I said i felt unsure whether I wanted to increase or not... Doc kinda agreed. He thinks that 10mg is working well and I am coping fine, which most of the time I do, even during the blips, though they are horrid when being experienced. Also I said I was concerned on going onto the highest dose at this stage. What if in the future I took a turn for the worse and then couldn't increase?? don't know, its like a safety net for me, knowing I can increase if really needed.

So the outcome... doc pleased with my progress, he confirmed blips will occur but should get less frequent and less intense. He said thats just how anxiety works. I will carry on at 10mg and going for another review in 4 weeks. Hopefully this will be the case and the blips will improve in time. If not I know I can increase to 20mg if needed. One thing doc mentioned was the side effects may return on a increase dose but as they wasn't too bad before they should go again after a week or so.

I am happy with how the review went.

Anxious-in-Canada
02-04-11, 11:52
That is reassuring news for sure! I am encouraged to know that the blips will become less frequent and less severe. Thank you for sharing this information.

Glad to hear you are feeling better too, stay positive and enjoy your weekend.

smb25
04-04-11, 20:20
Felt a little anxious this morning, think its just because its Monday to be honest. Had a really good weekend so there is no other reason for it.

Not really enjoying work at the moment either, so guess that doesn't help and if I hear once more "at least you've got a job" i'm going to scream! I am grateful to be working but that doesn't mean your employers can take that for granted. Nevermind, lots of companies and employees in the same position.

Overall a 50/50 day for me. Hoping it doesn't turn into anything. Fingers and toes crossed! :)

Anxious-in-Canada
04-04-11, 22:44
Hi SMB

I am sure it is just a Monday thing. It is hard going to work especially if you don't like the job...

But be happy you have a job LOL sorry couldn't resist....

Hang in there, it will be Friday before you know it.

Pcdaft
06-04-11, 12:51
hi snb hope you are doing well just came on to see how yous were doing ? hope you are doing well need to go now speak soon xxx:hugs:

smb25
09-04-11, 18:14
Glad its the weekend. Lovely weather here. Lots done today, studying for an exam next week to. Anxiety still lurking in the background but i've been able to keep it at bay. Going out tonight, hopefully will have a laugh and be able to eat ok!

Anxious-in-Canada
11-04-11, 16:10
Hi SMB glad to hear you are doing well.

Hope you had fun this week end.

loops81
11-04-11, 16:16
My b/f has just started taking these, 10mg per day.

So far he is feeling very very paranoid, hoping this will pass, he has been through enough already :)

Glad you are feel ok hun xxx

Anxious-in-Canada
11-04-11, 19:24
Hi loops81,

Just starting out is going to be a mix of things, but different depending on the person. If he is miserable he should contact his doctor and perhaps get something to ease whatever syptoms he is suffering from...

The good news is that in a short time he will feel better, how long that is again depends on the person...but the wait will be worth it...

Looks like you are giving him support, that is really important too!

Take care

smb25
13-04-11, 17:13
Still doing well. Exam went ok, hopefully I have passed, its the last one so fingers crossed.

Few jittery feelings in the morning but still able to keep them at bay. Today none at all.

Hoping the up and up keeps going!

x

Anxious-in-Canada
14-04-11, 14:27
That's good news SMB.

Keep up the good work.

smb25
17-04-11, 12:04
I am now about 15 weeks into Escitalpram. Mostly, things are good. Had quite a major blip a few weeks ago but got over it. Have the odd pangs of anxiousness now and again but in general much much better.

Still on 10mgs. Seems to be a good dose for me.

My life is running pretty smoothly lately, no traumas as such to have to deal with. Not really enjoying work at the moment but hopefully that will improve as the economy does (soon pleeaassee).

Hope everyone is well x

Anxious-in-Canada
23-04-11, 19:18
Hi SMB

Glad to hear you are making out well.

Work is one of those necessary evils in life, wish we all could find our passions and make money doing it! I know it is easy to say, but try to leave work at work and enjoy the times you aren't there. I REALLY have to use this advice myself...

Take care

smb25
26-04-11, 16:00
Not checked in for a week or so as I haven't had access to the internet.

Hope all are well.

I have been a bit up and down last week. Today has been the worst but stayed at work despite having the runs (too much info?? soz). This blip isnt as bad as the last one, i am coping but wish it would just bugger off once and for all (not gonna happen, I know). Definately think its to do with my monthly cycle. Usually a week ish before my period is due, got doctors tomorro for review so will raise it with him. Guessing im just gonna have to learn to live with it.

Would be interested to hear from any other females who may have experience this?

smb25
27-04-11, 19:27
Docs today, he agrees that my monthly cycle seems to be having an effect. He doesn't think that increasing to 20mg is the answer as the "blips" do go. He said an increase will only work if my anxiety increases on a permanent level.

He has asked me to try some homeopathy remedies in addition to the cipralex. I can take one as and when required when the anxiety is acute. It kind of works like Diazepam apparently without the addictive/tolerance part.

I shall give them a try, willing to try anything! Sorry I can't remember the name, will have to wait until they arrive and let you know.

Feeling bit better today, not as crap as yesterday but still got a sore throat. Docs said its a viral infection... what joy!

Best wishes all x

Anxious-in-Canada
28-04-11, 20:53
Hi SMB

Would be interested in knowing the homeopathy remedy...

Can't comment on the womanly cycle from experience but some of the women I have lived with usually had a few days of emotional irregularity. So I can understand it would be effecting you more on these meds/anxiety.

It is interesting that the blips seem to be part of the regime of these meds.

Well take care.

smb25
29-04-11, 21:34
Hi Anxious

The homeopathy arrived today, they are called Argentum Nictricum but apparently you have to take the appropriate ones to match your anxiety symptoms. In my case, thats upset tummy, general feeling of "oh my god", butterflies etc. If your symptoms are different you would need a different type of rememdy.

They are tiny, nothing like tablets. They look like tiny little translucent balls. They dissolve under the tongue. Mine are medium to high in strength.

I haven't tried them yet but will post on how they work once i do.

x

Anxious-in-Canada
29-04-11, 23:21
SMB please let us know how they work for you.

I hope they do!!

smb25
01-05-11, 13:05
Of course, this months blip seems to be over so may have a little wait. Hopefully they will get easier and easier. Actually I think its more that I am learning to cope with them better.

smb25
03-05-11, 16:31
Felt a little anxious this morning, just about going back to work really after 4 days off. I tried one of the homeopathy pills. Not sure to be honest, didn't seem to have anymore of an effect than the anxiety wearing off as the morning progresses anyway?? think its probably too early to say so will remain optomistic at this point about them, give them a fair crack of the whip.

My daughter is poorly and due an op next week too, nothing serious at all but expect thats also festering away in the back of my mind.

smb25
10-05-11, 13:52
Daughters op went well and she is way on the the mend. Still had a little anxiety in the mornings but its nothing too major and I have had a lot going on last few days.

I don't have much faith in the homeopathy pills though i'm afraid. The few I have taken didn't seem to do anything?? maybe still to early tho.

Feeling quite good at the moment, not looking forward to my next period though! time will tell.

Hope all are well x

Anxious-in-Canada
10-05-11, 18:55
Glad to hear your daughter's surgery went well.

Great news on feeling better...maybe try not to focus on the upcoming cycle. Don't psyche yourself out....

Take care and talk soon

smb25
13-05-11, 21:46
I am trying not to, mind wanders though!

Feeling well, calm and no anxiousness at the moment.

x

Anxious-in-Canada
14-05-11, 12:20
Glad to hear you are doing well. I hope it has gotten you to a plateau.

Take care and talk soon

smb25
18-05-11, 15:59
Doing ok, mornings are still a little off, lasts no longer than lunchtime. Still considering increase, but am reluctant. The rest of the day is fine... normal. Just don't know what to do. I feel well 80% of the time. Only mornings and period time now that anxiousness increases. Decisions decisions....... give it more time me thinks. Doc's review next week.

Anxious-in-Canada
19-05-11, 12:35
I am in the same boat SMB, but I have noticed an improvement in the increase of dose....again I am unsure if it is a dose issue or just not enough time yet...

Talk with the doc next week though....

smb25
06-06-11, 15:56
Not much to report really, things still going well. The balance of anxiety seems to be tipping in my favour, but i'm not counting my chickens just yet.

Still struggle on a monday morning however today was better than most have been. A little anxiety but nothing I couldn't take control of.

Heres to keeping this juggling act going! lol x

Hope all are well

Anxious-in-Canada
07-06-11, 19:04
Glad to hear you are doing well, Mondays are hard for everyone I think.....

Continue the good work....

smb25
12-06-11, 18:18
Another good week down, hoping that I have now hit an even keel with the dosage. monday mornings are crap but other than that feel pretty "normal".

Heres to a good forthcoming week! :yesyes:

Anxious-in-Canada
13-06-11, 11:58
Awesome news SMB!!!!

Mondays are hard for many of us, but it is only one day of seven.

Take care

smb25
16-06-11, 17:36
So far so good. Hoping it stays like this.... this I can cope with. Minimal anxiety on the odd occasions. Even monday was the best one i have had for a long long time.

5 months in now so hoping ive hit the level.

xx

Anxious-in-Canada
19-06-11, 13:40
Excellent news SMB!!!

As we gain more time feeling better we will find it easier I am sure.

smb25
21-06-11, 15:54
After 16 months of anxiety on and off it looks like I have got to the bottom of it, well majority of it anyway.

Mondays are not my best days, learning to live with that. Only usually lasts few hours so I can cope with that.

My anxiety/panic attacks are definately associated to my hormone changes during my menstrual cycle. The reason this has only come about in the last 16 months is prior to this I was always on somekind of contraception. My options are to possibly go back on to a contraception which I don't really want to do or learn to live with it. The latter (albeit hard) is really my only option. I do not want to put chemicals in my body which aren't needed.

It kinda feels better now that the docs have confirmed this is what they believe. They have given me information from the web stating details on this. I think I might ask for CBT to help deal with it during my menstrual cycle, they can only say no.

So there it is, after my arguments with councellors that nothing dramatic had happened recently in my life and I was sure it was something chemically in my head/body... they insisted it wasn't. I am not "dissing" councellors, they do a great job but I knew with me, it wasn't a traumatic event.

So I am now on a new learning curve, I must carry on with my daily walks (when possible), eat sensibly (which I do anyway) and learn to stop listening to the second voice in my head when Mr anxiety knocks on my door! Carry on with my 10mgs of Cipralex and possibly have specific CBT.

Im going to be busy!

Hope all are well

Anxious-in-Canada
22-06-11, 15:14
That is great news at least in the fact you have answers...and a few options to help you.

You seem to be a very strong and determined person so i am sure what course of action you take you will be successful!

I wish you all the best! Take care.

smb25
26-06-11, 17:39
Well its been that week again..... blip time!

Its been rough, still a little anxious at times, trying to fight it as much as I can.

Spoke to the doc friday about CBT. He seems positive about it, got a form to fill in and he will decide in a months time on my next appt. Think the hesitation is because I have had counselling and anxiety managment already.... NHS cutbacks i presume.

I am not going to write anything too negative, trying to keep strong and abreast of this blip.

x

Anxious-in-Canada
26-06-11, 18:46
SMB

CBT is a good idea wish it was free in Canada.

You know the reason for the upcoming blip so maybe treat this as an opportunity to relax and avoid stresses (if possible).

My wife suffers a rough week before her cycle too. In fact we seem to fight the most during this week. Guess I am selfish in thinking I should be the only lunatic ...lol

Hang in there you will be through it soon enough

Take care

smb25
29-06-11, 16:32
Thank god "that" week is over! blip gone. Back to normal again....... until next month!

Holiday in 4 weeks time, not going abroad, taking the family and my dog to the New Forest. Its beautiful there and the dog is going to love it, he's first holiday!

smb25
04-07-11, 19:34
Anxiety is lurking in the background but I am managing to hold it off at present. Just found out hubbie's job is going to be changing. Salary will drop by £6500 but he can make it up by doing overtime so shouldn't be too bad. Thats what I keep telling myself of course, that everything is going to be okay but is it? Feeling very tired lasat few days but the weather has been very warm and my office has no air con so guess thats not helping.

x

Anxious-in-Canada
04-07-11, 22:48
Not great news there with your husband's drop in salary. It may be an adjustment but things will work themselves out. They always do.

What a mini fan at your work at least moving air might help with the heat.

Hang in there you are very strong!

smb25
13-07-11, 19:14
Hi AIC, I am interested in why you think I am so strong? believe me, you are not the only one to have this opinion, most do but I just can't see it... Why would I suffer this if I was strong?? confused.com ....

Anxious-in-Canada
13-07-11, 20:28
Hi SMB

You are strong, it is easy to see just from your posts. You give great advice to is all.

I too am considered a very strong person by those who know me. I doubt it too! Part of this crazy condition I guess.

I will have to read back through your posts and give you some examples if you still doubt your strength...

Take care

smb25
20-07-11, 22:12
Well i thought i had better update.

Not sure how i am feeling, not really experienced this before.... i feel kind of indifferent?? neither happy or sad, anxious or not anxious. Not particularly interested or disinterested in doing things. It really is quite bizarre.

I have been coming on the forum every day and reading posts but and brutally honest, couldn't be bothered to answer any questions or make any comments. Even to people on here I have grown to trust and respect when i have felt they have needed help... whats wrong with me, I am just not like that.

I don't think my meds need reviewing or anything like that, i am just hoping this goes as fast as it came, although I don't even know what "this" is. Its almost a laziness, can't be bothered attitude. So far its been like this for about 2 weeks.

I am not like a zombie or zoned out or anything. I am still doing all the things I need to like working etc but just got no interest or get up for much else.

Any one else experienced anything similar?

Anxious-in-Canada
21-07-11, 12:18
Hi SMB

Read your latest post. I know how you are feeling, this has been how I felt when I increased from 10 to 15 to 20mg...I still feel this way in the morning but find it much better in the evenings....

I do think it is a the meds doing what they do, leveling out the ups and downs. Unfortunately the ups we don't want leveled!

If this persists I would suggest talking to your doctor.

I do think it will pass though, have you changed anything else in your ritual?

Take care and talk soon. XX

smb25
22-07-11, 20:21
Saw the doctor today, he doesnt seem concerned at all with how I am feeling. Due to go on holiday tomorrow to the New Forest for a week, maybe its a little to do with that?? time will tell.

Doc is also referring me for CBT. Hopefully that will help with couping techniques.

Will post again after my hols x

Catya
24-07-11, 10:42
I'm in a terrible state.

Catya
29-07-11, 13:17
Oh dear I seem to have somewhat 'killed' this thread?

Am doing a bit better now : )

smb25
01-08-11, 16:26
Catya - sorry I was on holiday, you didn't kill the thread. Glad your are feeling better. Hope you are still doing ok x

Well I am back from my hols, had a fantastic time, sorry to be home. Need to win the lottery so I can give up work and move to the New Forest! Doing quite well on the anxiety stakes... had a few minor pangs but nothing I couldn't handle.

My referral for CBT has gone ahead. Got a telephone consultation in a couple of weeks time and then hopefully gage it from there.

Still feeling a little lazyish... however its very hot here at the moment and we had a fun filled week away not a lazy week. Also back at work and having all the holiday washing to do! moan moan moan ha ha....

Hope all are ok.

Catya
01-08-11, 22:37
; )

Anxious-in-Canada
02-08-11, 17:13
Hi SMB

Glad you are doing well, having a great vacation can give us such a large boost!

Good luck with the laundry! LOL !

smb25
04-08-11, 20:25
Having a good run at the moment, booked another holiday to the New Forest for next year.

Nothing else to report at the moment.

Keep strong everyone! x

Anxious-in-Canada
05-08-11, 12:35
SMB, go with the good run! It does seem that we get more and more good runs now if you look back over the previous months.

Awesome that you booked another vacation, gives you something to look forward to...I think we don't get enough time for rest and relaxation in this day of stress and anxiety!

Take care. x