PDA

View Full Version : Hi

faxfan
31-03-06, 15:14
Thought I'd say Hi to everyone. My currently estranged (we are on a break from a relationship due to PTSD) partner suffers very badly from PTSD (she was in the Gulf). Before I could be close and hold her and reassure her. Now I can't because she lives many miles and doesn't have the emotional capacity for a relationship right now - which I can completely understand. What can I do to help her? I've offered her unconditional support when she needs it, but she seems to have gone into "isolation mode" I'm sure you know what I am saying. Of course there's more to it than this brief overview.

I would like to help in some constructive way can anyone suggest anything based upon experiences ? I know everyone is unique and circumstances dictate people should be treated differently...

Thanks,

Robin.

jackie
31-03-06, 15:41
robin can you put her in the direction of this site?

this site is most wonderful for its ability to make a sufferer feel less alone and this maybe just what she needs

i hope she can come on, you both could feel less alone at the minute

jackie

inberlin
01-04-06, 16:46
hi, i suffer from PTSD too and am currently estranged from my boyfriend because of it, i just want to say that you can't do anything other than offer your support, and she will eventually find her way to deal with it and hopefully be in a place where she can be with you again...but if not it would be helpful if you gave her assurance that you have no expectations on her because she is probably really overwhelmed right now. and i am sure it helps her to know you care! i also recommend that she try to go to a body-centered therapy that will give her tools to deal with her symptoms......hope this helps!